AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drag Me to Hell is set for an October 13th release date on DVD and Blu! Moved up one week from the rumored 10/20 date.

Blu-ray Edition FEATURES include:

(Two-Disc set)

Includes both the PG-13 Rated version and Unrated Director's Cut

Production Video Diaries

D-Box Motion Control

BD Live - My Scenes Sharing

Bonus disc: Digital Copy of Drag Me to Hell - Unrated Version (expires 10/31/2010)

According to the disc specs each cut runs an identical 1:39.

Both Blu-ray versions will be presented in 2.4:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.

In addition, the theatrical cut will include D-BOX Motion Code that we have confirmed Raimi personally signed off on after experiencing it earlier this summer.

This is definitely a day 1 buy for me!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I thought this was the worst movie I saw all year. Bad acting, predictable, same one-note gag over and over and over again.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylisJayP /forum/post/16914491

I thought this was the worst movie I saw all year. Bad acting, predictable, same one-note gag over and over and over again.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of Army of Darkness?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I will be buying this movie. While the plot isn't great, there were laughs and there were jumpy parts, and we left the theater jittery and talked about it for at least a week after. Still quote it here and there, plenty of campy things to like about it imo.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I have never seen it but have only heard great things about it so I will definitely give it a rental. I really loved Army of Darkness and Bruce Campbell in anything he does. Aaah, I remember him from the Xena days!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Great, fun flick that hit all the right notes for classic horror. Criminally overlooked in theaters. Definite buy.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

Quote:

Drag Me to Hell is classic Raimi horror. Those that are not Raimi fans probably won't like this. A treat for the rest of us though.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I didn't really like Evil Dead 2, the only other Raimi horror I have seen, and I thought this movie was great. Most horror movies are crappy and chessy, and you could tell they had fun making this cheesy on purpose. A lot better than most horror movies out there IMO.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 /forum/post/16916487

I didn't really like Evil Dead 2.

Do you also dislike animals, chocolate, sleeping inn, and hot showers?

Everyone likes Evil Dead 2.

·
Registered
825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz /forum/post/16917649

Everyone likes Evil Dead 2.

+1

BUT, I will confess to actually liking part 1 better, since it´s so much more brutal and darker in tone

I hope Sam Raimi will continue to make awesome horror movies like "Drag me to hell" in the future and stop with the Spiderman crap

·
Registered
701 Posts

Quote:

Let me guess, you're a cat person aren't you? Anyhow, if this was the worst movie you've seen all year, you must have only seen the cream of the crop so far. Can't wait for this one (although Uni really is making us wait) and will definitely purchase on day 1.

·
Registered
300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbinet /forum/post/16914794

I have never seen it but have only heard great things about it so I will definitely give it a rental. I really loved Army of Darkness and Bruce Campbell in anything he does. Aaah, I remember him from the Xena days!

I still haven't seen the whole movie (but will blind buy it) but I was at last year's Comic-Con panel when Raimi introduced it and showed a looong trailer of it. He mentioned Bruce would have probably been in it somewhere (not unlike other things that recur in Raimi movies) but that he was too busy with Burn Notice at the time. I'm sure Bruce will be back when his schedule allows.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisch /forum/post/16915869

Drag Me to Hell is classic Raimi horror. Those that are not Raimi fans probably won't like this. A treat for the rest of us though.

Not exactly. The friend I saw it with is not particularly a fan of Raimi, and he loved it.

FWIW, this was one of my favorite movies of this year. It was absolutely wonderful to see Raimi return to both his horror and comedy roots with this film, and the little details like Justin "I'm a Mac" Long's character only using Apple products put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc3000 /forum/post/16919260

Let me guess, you're a cat person aren't you? Anyhow, if this was the worst movie you've seen all year, you must have only seen the cream of the crop so far. Can't wait for this one (although Uni really is making us wait) and will definitely purchase on day 1.

The buildup to the cat thing is one of the best parts! My wife and I are cat people, and she's sensitive enough that she didn't want to see it when I told her about the kitten violence. Once I explained that Rami was totally doing it to manipulate and generally mess with his audience, she went in with the right mindset. When they showed the 'Hang in there, Baby!' poster in the background, it got a huge laugh.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts