AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Both are extremely long and extremely different games. Castlevania is a hack N slash and DA is a RPG. Now I'm a big fan of both game type, especially the western style RPG that DA is (hate japrpgs), I would go for castlevania, personally. I'm a bigger fan of simple hack n slashers than RPG.

What TYPE of game do you like more? Both are worth the time. Castlevania doesn't have much of a replay value, so if you're going to buy ONE game I'd go with DA, you can level a different class or go with a different alignment on another play.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd /forum/post/19521351

Both are extremely long and extremely different games. Castlevania is a hack N slash and DA is a RPG. Now I'm a big fan of both game type, especially the western style RPG that DA is (hate japrpgs), I would go for castlevania, personally. I'm a bigger fan of simple hack n slashers than RPG.

What TYPE of game do you like more? Both are worth the time. Castlevania doesn't have much of a replay value, so if you're going to buy ONE game I'd go with DA, you can level a different class or go with a different alignment on another play.

I concur. Plus with the amount of DLC available for DA it offers a lot of hours of gameplay.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggs13 /forum/post/19519723

Am having a hard time deciding which of these two titles should I purchase, and devote my time to.

Considering how cheap you can probably find DA:O, I'd start there. Once you finish (in a month or two), Castlevania will still be there and it'll be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman /forum/post/19521886

Considering how cheap you can probably find DA:O, I'd start there. Once you finish (in a month or two), Castlevania will still be there and it'll be a lot cheaper.

DA is now offering both Origins and Awakenings in one set at BB, at somewhere near the current price of Castlevania. I don't know anything about Awakenings so I thought I would pose the question here and see if it was worth getting over LoS. Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I haven't heard a lot of about Castelvania, but I thought that DA was one of the best experiences on the 360. Love that game.

If you do get it, go with the ultimate pack with all of the DLC.

·
Registered
230 Posts
+1 one for dragon age ultimate editon. i had a blast with it. the story and universe was great. By the time u finish it, dragon age 2 will be out in march.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb09 /forum/post/19530882

I began playing Castlevania this past weekend and am LOVING it. It seems long, looks fantastic, and feels much like God of War.

I guess I will be asking Santa(a.k.a. the wife) for both these titles!...

Thanks for all the replies guys. JoeB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts