AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I am looking to install a projector screen at home. Projector is Epson 8350. Screen can be 120" or possibly even 130". Room is fairly dark, with a little bit ambient light coming in from a corner off to the side.

Installer is proposing Dragonfly. Based on online reviews and price points, I narrowed my choices to Monoprice and Dragonfly. Monoprice is cheaper by $200 (after shipping), so it's not too much of a difference in price (relative to my total cost). With Dragonfly, I could go up to 130", but Monoprice 133" is too big for my space, so I would have to stop at 120". Does anyone have any thoughts on the above two brands?

For Dragonfly, does it make sense to spend a few hundred more for the tab-tensioned version? My screen would be hanging about 6-8 inches in front of the wall, with a wall-mounted TV in between.

Thank you for your inputs!
Matt

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hello folks,

I am looking to install a projector screen at home. Projector is Epson 8350. Screen can be 120" or possibly even 130". Room is fairly dark, with a little bit ambient light coming in from a corner off to the side.

Installer is proposing Dragonfly. Based on online reviews and price points, I narrowed my choices to Monoprice and Dragonfly. Monoprice is cheaper by $200 (after shipping), so it's not too much of a difference in price (relative to my total cost). With Dragonfly, I could go up to 130", but Monoprice 133" is too big for my space, so I would have to stop at 120". Does anyone have any thoughts on the above two brands?

For Dragonfly, does it make sense to spend a few hundred more for the tab-tensioned version? My screen would be hanging about 6-8 inches in front of the wall, with a wall-mounted TV in between.

Thank you for your inputs!
Matt
Hi Matt,
Never seen either brand of pull down screens. I saw a dragonfly fixed frame AT screen once. Good quality frame and screen.
If you're going past 120 inches, you should absolutely go with a tab tensioned screen, because non tensioned screens of that size develop waves and edge curling rather quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts