Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Assembling my first screen/frame. I let the 80"x60" M1300 screen material lay flat on the floor to 'relax' from its packaged (rolled) position. I went and put the frame together. I am now ready to snap the M1300 material onto the Cineperm frame, but I have a request for enlightenment.

For some odd reason I thought the material wrapped around the frame and snapped onto the back-side of the frame. This obviously cannot be the case as the material is too small. So, I gather the material snaps to the front of the frame, and as such the heads of the snaps are visible, as is the brushed-aluminum frame sides.

Any enlightenment would sure be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cineperm snaps to the front of the frame (snaps are in the border, but visible). Shadowbox Clarion snaps to the rear of a black frame. Wrap around Clarion does just that...wraps around then snaps to the rear surface of the frame.

Your initial impression is correct! Keep us posted on how you like the screen.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I'm doing the exact same thing WanMan, just waiting for my screen to show up. I figured this would be cheaper than the other screen frame options. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
I used to own a Draper Cineperm.... One piece of advise, don't bother waiting for the creases to disapear before you install your screen. The Cineperm frame pulls the material tight enough that the wrinkles disappear in about 12 hours. I had the same wrinkles when I received mine and my dealer told me not to worry about them as they would disappear. Sure enough they did. 3 years later, I took the screen down to sell it and after removing it from the frame, the same wrinkles re-appeared again!

What I'm trying to say is, if you've got the material laying flat and you're waiting for the wrinkles to dissappear, you'll never get to enjoy that screen.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, material is on the frame, and those corning hand ties are a real benefit. BTW, as a friend advised correctly, the use of 1x4's seems necessary as the Cineperm aluminum frame is easily bent inwards along the screen's width (this is due to a lack of frame rigidity while under tension). I have some 1x4's I need to chop down and put into place to offset the tension's desire to pin-cushion the screen.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want that attic ladder gone. I'm willing to replace it with an aluminum that can build my confidence in not falling down. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.