AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone compared these 3 screens as far as hotspotting and texture/sparklies goes? The SN23-23 must have some texture and hotspotting. I´ve seen a Firehawk G3 and I noticed a bit of sparklies. Is the SST material better(very similar specs to the ReactII)?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I update my projector, hopefully next winter, I´m thinking of going a bit larger then my current 106" diagonal 16:9. The furthest I can throw is a bit under 15 foot.

I notice a bit of sparklies with the firehawk material. I wonder how the ReactII compares.. the specs are suppose to be similar and it's much cheaper.

Are DNP planning on coming out with a material with gain inbetween their current 2?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I had a demo at DNP and didn't hear anything about plans for an intermediate gain material to fit between the 08-85 and 23-23. They did clue me in to the new frames before they were announced. Off-angle viewing is really quite good on the 23-23 so I'd expect hotspoting to be minimal as well

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I´ve read the 23-23 has a bit of texture. I notice it on the G3 Firehawk.. it's borderline acceptable to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.