Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I currently have a 106" Draper M1300 16:9 Screen with a Sony 1251 and Pioneer DV-37 going to it in a complete light controlled basement. I'm going to add a HTPC in the not to distant future. My question is, I think I'm looking for a little more brightness, the images dont have the "pop" my old Elite Pro 610 had, granted I know they are different animals, but that was my reference before. Should I go to a smaller screen ( 92") or a higher gain material like the M2500? I'm also the kind that likes to sit close to the screen (as close as possible without turning my head). I will also upgrade the DVD output to a scaler a year or two down the road. and finally I'd say the FP is 75-80% tweaked, to my limits anyhow.

Opinions?

L8r,

Killer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Killer

do a search for m2500 in the screens forum, I was considering this material based on the large size of screen I needed but decided against it for two reasons, one the multiple reports of a visible streaking affect, and two it is not cleanable ( two kids ), so because I didn't want to spend the extra money for stewart, the highest gain I could find that was cleanable was the da-lite pearlescent fabric with a gain of 1.5

wish there were a reasonable priced 2.0 to 2.5 gain screen out there

Shawn

·
Registered
784 Posts
Killer,

I have an M2500 surface that will fit your frame, if you'd like to try it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.