AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

I am new to this forum. I have purchased a pt-ae3000, and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on Draper screens? The room is ready and the projector arrives this week. I was leaning towards a Draper Clarion 2.35.1 at 132". Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
173 Posts
menominee

I have a Clarion Draper Hi Def Gray 119" 16x9 screen with a gain of .08 ,which I purchased for my IF 7200 in 2003. It was recommended to me by Evan Powell at Projector Central to compliment my IF 7200 DLP projector. It has been a great screen and a good match for the projector.

The Clarion is a very nice screen with strong material that you snap to the back of the frame. The frame is well made and easy to put together.

I am in the process of upgrading my projector and am looking at the Panny AE3000 and the Mits HC6500. I will be upgrading my screen and am presently considering the Draper M2500 with a gain of 2.

I like you have not found much on the Draper screens and I am sure there are a number of forum members out there that have these screens. It would be nice to hear what their impressions are.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. I'm going to go with the M1300 as I can control the light well. I have found very few reviews on the Draper screens, but the ones I have found are positive.
I am confused about the mounting of of the Panny, some guys seem to indicate that it must be mounted with in the perimitter of the screen while others seem to have success mounting it as much as a foot above the screen. Does anyone know the definitive answer?

thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts