AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have been thinking and looking into speakers and receivers. My proposal is for all of you to describe a phenomenal setup for absolute quality. You know how people go on websites like bmw and build their own car? Like that, but with Audio in your house. I just want to look into what all of you experienced people will have to say about it, I am a novice and would like to submerge myself into this topic for fun.
Just flat out list what receiver or receivers you would use, how many and what kind of speakers, how many and what kind of subs? all the gadgets you would add to the setup like usb/d-a converters and other accessories. Sky is the limit, imagine as if your budget is like $200k, I would say limitless budget but then, your setup would most likely not be custom built yourself, but in fact something ridiculous from some high end company.
I look forward to your replies.

·
Registered
876 Posts
For a 2.0 stereo system.

DAC: Jeff Rowland or Lampizator BIG 7.
PREAMP: Jeff Rowland
AMP: Passlabs 100% class A amps.
Speakers: Raid-Ho Bookshelfs or Magico Towers.
Speaker cables: Analysis Plus
Tweaks: Stillpoints

This in a 12 x 13 x 9 or so room. A banging system for the size.

·
Registered
975 Posts
$200,000 budget? I'd spend it all on shipping and return fee's so I could audition as many speakers/equipment as possible in my own livingroom :D . Should take years and years to empty the account. At the end of it all I'd have nothing but a huge smile on my face.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'd just copy one of the theater of the month's, probably notnyt's.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
A nice, dimensionally and acoustically well treated room would be the first priority.

Then Tube Research Labs for the amp and pre into Salk Soundscape speakers.

·
Registered
390 Posts
For 2-ch:

Wilson Alexandria XLF
Dan D'Agostino Momentum monoblocks and pre-amp
DCS Vivaldi digital playback
Clearaudio Master Reference analog playback
Audio Research Ref 2SE phono pre
Cardas Clear cables throughout

I think I ran over budget, but if you got $200k to spend, why not double it. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts