AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble connecting my mits 46" RPTV to my Sega Dreamcast with the VGA box. I am using an RGB/HV breakout cable to go from the VGA box to the TV. When I boot up the dreamcast, I get a flicker of the Sega logo and then a flicker of black, and then the screen goes blue (as it does when no video connection is detected). I nornally have a HTPC hooked up using the same connection and it works fine. I also hooked the dreamcast with VGA box up to a 17" computer monitor and it works fine. Does anyone know a reason why the Mits would not be able to resolve the resolution that is put out by the Dreamcast VGA box?

Thanks!

Pete

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried it with Virtua Tennis and Crazy Taxi 2. Both are games that I have purchased and are not "backups". Both say they are compatable with the VGA box.

·
Registered
787 Posts
try fiddling with the video plug on the back of the dreamcast. Sometimes i would get a green shade over the screen then nothing. I had to wedge a hockey puck underneath for it to be at the right angle.

eventually though it stopped giving me a signal.

I messed with my first dreamcast for hrs on end. I checked using the standard composite cable and realized that it was my dreamcast. the light lights up and I hear the disk spinng but i got no video. wound up replacing that one with my 9yr old newphews. (he doens't play it anymore..... i swear)

your video is obviously good if you've tested it already.

which vga adapter r u using? On my interact, it has a toggle switch for bypass, pc and sega only...

i dunno know man.

K

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The VGA box that I have is made by Naki. I think I have come to the conclusion that this particular VGA box is not compatable with my mits 46807. That's the only thing that makes sense because it works with the PC monitor and the TV works fine with other VGA sources...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks k, but i've done that. i've been using the tv with my HTPC, so the setting has been like that all along.

any other suggestions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Some games are not compatible with the VGA box, that might be it. The original boot disk could never run VGA. Is it on specific games, or all games?

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.