AVS Forum banner

361 - 380 of 418 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I don’t have any of the V6 material around any longer, but the V7 material seems to have a smoother front. Honestly if I did not tell someone it’s accousticly transparent they would think it’s a traditional screen. The material when stretched looks smooth as silk.
Have you noticed any audio differences, other than needing to adjust trims / recalibrate? Do you toe in L/R? I'm very happy with my v6, and my speakers are just a couple of inches behind the screen with L/R toed in maybe 20d. Seriously considering upgrading to v7.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I had zero audio differences. I literally could not tell a difference sound-wise.

Now picture-wise, it was a very visible difference. I felt like I got a new bright projector. A very worthwhile upgrade in my opinion. Especially since you coming from V6 which I had for 2+ years.

Now I see you have a newer, brighter projector than mine and a smaller screen. So maybe you don't feel like you want a brighter image? But if you do sometimes wish the picture was brighter, then go for it!

·
Registered
31,229 Posts
I had zero audio differences. I literally could not tell a difference sound-wise.

Now picture-wise, it was a very visible difference. I felt like I got a new bright projector. A very worthwhile upgrade in my opinion. Especially since you coming from V6 which I had for 2+ years.

Now I see you have a newer, brighter projector than mine and a smaller screen. So maybe you don't feel like you want a brighter image? But if you do sometimes wish the picture was brighter, then go for it!
Yes, very clear brightness advantage for V7 over V6 or NEO.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Finally installed my V7.

It is increadibly smooth looking. I mean it looks like a solid screen almost. A small crease from being folded but should go away as it settles. Packaging is very good and clever.

Compared to my previous screen is look way more advanced. Can't wait till my nx9 arrives and I can finally light this huge screen up!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Finally installed my V7.

It is increadibly smooth looking. I mean it looks like a solid screen almost. A small crease from being folded but should go away as it settles. Packaging is very good and clever.

Compared to my previous screen is look way more advanced. Can't wait till my nx9 arrives and I can finally light this huge screen up!!
Good stuff man! Get some screenshots up. What size/ratio did you go for?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Good stuff man! Get some screenshots up. What size/ratio did you go for?
2.4 actually. It is quite tall so decided to overscan top botton rather than left right for any content under 2.4 ratio. Screen is 182" wide by ~ 76" tall.

Theater is 98% finished just need final details and the projector to arrive:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi guys, it’s probably in here somewhere, but how does the V7 compare to Seymour UF? Anyone have experience with both?

thanks 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
did you for it to an existing Seymour frame? If so, how difficult was it?
Custom wood frame. I simply stabled it. Worked fine.

I must say that the UF is a very simple material compared to the V7. Also the V7 seems a thousand times more durable. I am currently testing it for various stains haha, since I have small kids. I was however very pleased with the UF.

It looks completely smooth as well and a lot finer in the weave, the V7 that is.

The V7 has some creases still, but I hope they will settle otherwise I am advised to steam them away.

Also still putting some finishing touches on the theater itself, about 99% done. My JVC NX9 is delayed, but dealer is working on a temp PJ while I wait :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Custom wood frame. I simply stabled it. Worked fine.

I must say that the UF is a very simple material compared to the V7. Also the V7 seems a thousand times more durable. I am currently testing it for various stains haha, since I have small kids. I was however very pleased with the UF.

It looks completely smooth as well and a lot finer in the weave, the V7 that is.

The V7 has some creases still, but I hope they will settle otherwise I am advised to steam them away.

Also still putting some finishing touches on the theater itself, about 99% done. My JVC NX9 is delayed, but dealer is working on a temp PJ while I wait :)

View attachment 3048435
awesome 👏🏻

·
Registered
270 Posts
Are you guys still making the native 2.4:1 Motomask screens, Lygren? I'm leaning towards a 3.5m wide AT screen with v7 material for a future build and can't see this option on your website.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Are you guys still making the native 2.4:1 Motomask screens, Lygren? I'm leaning towards a 3.5m wide AT screen with v7 material for a future build and can't see this option on your website.
This was one of the reasons I went with a competitor product. Their motorized masking options aren’t great and the mask itself is not AT as far as I recall.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Our motorised masking venture is currently a bit on the limited side, but we are certainly working on improving this. For now, however, we only have 1-way masking systems with non-AT masking fabrics. For 2.40:1 setups that is certainly not always the easiest thing to accommodate, so we are planning to introduce a 2-way masking system with AT masking panels in due time. However, as we are currently placing all efforts on the v7 productions (a new production is now undergoing for a 3.2m wide "XXL" version), it might take a while.

If you do shoot us an email, howiee (info @ dreamscreen . no) we can at least check the availability and offer on a 3,5m wide / 149" diagonal 2.40:1 masking solution. This size is currently sold out, but we can probably make one custom for you if you are able to accommodate non-AT masking in your setup.

Reactions: howiee

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you do shoot us an email, howiee (info @ dreamscreen . no) we can at least check the availability and offer on a 3,5m wide / 149" diagonal 2.40:1 masking solution. This size is currently sold out, but we can probably make one custom for you if you are able to accommodate non-AT masking in your setup.
Cheers for the offer, Lygren. It's appreciated. This is for a build that could be as far as 12 months away so i'm in no mad rush. Your v7 material is top of my list atm and the only thing stopping it from being a done deal is the question mark re. masking. Some AT panels would be enough.

tbh making some diy panels wouldn't be that hard, but i'd rather something easier and a bit more fancy so will be watching this space!

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to carry out this evaluation Mike. Your findings are certainly very encouraging

We will be carrying out our evaluation using a full RGB laser projector with high light output. This will be the ultimate 'torture test' in this regard. If the DreamScreen UltraWeave v6 and/or v7 materials do not produce blooming or loss of ANSI contrast in this instance then I think it's fair to say that it never will. We will also evaluate Laser Speckle as well, which the DreamScreen UltraWeave materials are reportedly resistant to as well, and comment on how all the different materials perform with respect to Laser Speckle accordingly.
10 weeks... What are the results from this test?

Sent from my iPhone 11Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Cheers for the offer, Lygren. It's appreciated. This is for a build that could be as far as 12 months away so i'm in no mad rush. Your v7 material is top of my list atm and the only thing stopping it from being a done deal is the question mark re. masking. Some AT panels would be enough.

tbh making some diy panels wouldn't be that hard, but i'd rather something easier and a bit more fancy so will be watching this space!
Basic, magnetic AT panels using AT velvet fabric is at our drawing board already and will hopefully be presented in not too long... :)

361 - 380 of 418 Posts