AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
It seems like the biggest size you can get won't give you a 200 inch diagonal 16:9 screen. I wonder if they are going to make a bigger version soon?

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
It seems like the biggest size you can get won't give you a 200 inch diagonal 16:9 screen. I wonder if they are going to make a bigger version soon?
We´re working on a "XL" version now with a height of about 118 inches. Should be available within Q1 2017 if everything moves according to plan...

Reactions: coolgeek

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,661 Posts
We´re working on a "XL" version now with a height of about 118 inches. Should be available within Q1 2017 if everything moves according to plan...
So, that would in fact give you up to 241 inch diagonal 16:9 screen coolgeek. Big enough? ;)

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
So why hide your awesome looking big 18" subs behind the screen when you can show them off in an 'In-Your-Face' design style! ;):D:cool::
Some of us prefer everything hidden so as not to distract from the presentation. All my equipment is in another room including the projector. LCR speakers are behind the screen and the eight 15" IB subs are under the shelf that holds the speakers... invisible. Just the screen and seats, man! :)

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Some of us prefer everything hidden so as not to distract from the presentation. All my equipment is in another room including the projector. LCR speakers are behind the screen and the eight 15" IB subs are under the shelf that holds the speakers... invisible. Just the screen and seats, man! :)
This is what I like... Speakers are invisible... The room is all everyone sees... I like to see the jaws dropping from my friends when they 'hear' the sound seemingly coming out of nowhere... They always ask, 'where are the speakers'...

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere esle.....is the V6 only available as material/DIY, or is there a complete screen option?
As far as I know it's DIY. Building a screen isn't that hard. Some use this system: https://www.8020.net/

I just used wood, "L" brackets and black paint. Mine is 10 years old now.

EDIT: And I should also point out, mine is relatively large... a 10' wide 16:9.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Frames are only available at dreamscreen.eu currently (for EU customers), but we are continously discussing if frames should be made available for US customers as well (via AVScience.com). However, if you really don't fancy the idea of either retrofitting your existing frame or DIY, please contact AVScience.com for a quote on any frame from DreamScreen.eu and we will certainly work with AVS in finding you a best possible price for the preferred frame! Motorised masking frames will be made available throught Q1 2017 by the way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
I hope i find the time to replace the xd with the V6 at this weekend.
In the same time i go up from 14" to 19" curve in the my 150" screen

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Frames are only available at dreamscreen.eu currently (for EU customers), but we are continously discussing if frames should be made available for US customers as well (via AVScience.com). However, if you really don't fancy the idea of either retrofitting your existing frame or DIY, please contact AVScience.com for a quote on any frame from DreamScreen.eu and we will certainly work with AVS in finding you a best possible price for the preferred frame! Motorised masking frames will be made available throught Q1 2017 by the way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very interested in finding out more about DreamScreens upcoming motorised masking screens. I have been wanting to invest in one for several years but the cost has always put me off. I almost pulled the trigger on a Carada motorised masking screen as their pricing was significantly less than other options, however, Carada is no longer offering masking screens.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Very interested in finding out more about DreamScreens upcoming motorised masking screens. I have been wanting to invest in one for several years but the cost has always put me off. I almost pulled the trigger on a Carada motorised masking screen as their pricing was significantly less than other options, however, Carada is no longer offering masking screens.
Developing motorised masking that actually does not cost half a car while maintaining performance and connectivity is actually quite challenging. We have had several masking models up through, both (quite inexpensive) manual variants and motorised (quite expensive) ones, but we have yet to find the perfect "cost / performance" combo. Hopefully for our next revision we will succeed in doing so to a greater extent albeit the number of versions will be limited at first, starting off with a regular two way 16:9 -> 2.35:1 version. Controllable using IR, RS232 or cordless trigger.

Also, mr. @CINERAMAX is developing a Hi-End frame of his own that would accommodate the V6 material. Not much info yet in terms of availability, but I am sure this frame will be excellent both in terms of stability (Somfy motor ++) and craftsmanship (made in the US).

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
available right now but waiting for V6 Magnum.:D
AjAj Capt´n, it´s still in the works (and just for the record; it´s the "XL" version of the V6 he is referring to, 118 inches height instead of current 79 inch), hopefully ready sooner rather than later (ETA first samples in 2-3 weeks)...! ;)

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
It just happens that I have this 17 foot wide frame from My Old 2012 RealD 4k PH lab in Miami sitting at Alan's, synchronicity points to new lab in Miami for the Pimps of Immersive cinema during 2017 more and more.:D

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Developing motorised masking that actually does not cost half a car while maintaining performance and connectivity is actually quite challenging. We have had several masking models up through, both (quite inexpensive) manual variants and motorised (quite expensive) ones, but we have yet to find the perfect "cost / performance" combo. Hopefully for our next revision we will succeed in doing so to a greater extent albeit the number of versions will be limited at first, starting off with a regular two way 16:9 -> 2.35:1 version. Controllable using IR, RS232 or cordless trigger.

Also, mr. @CINERAMAX is developing a Hi-End frame of his own that would accommodate the V6 material. Not much info yet in terms of availability, but I am sure this frame will be excellent both in terms of stability (Somfy motor ++) and craftsmanship (made in the US).
Please keep this thread updated with new information regarding the masking screens when it becomes available. My current screen is a 120" wide 16:9 Screen Research CP2 screen that I have had for several years. Ideally I would like to replace it with a larger 140" wide 16:9 screen that offers masking with various stops down to 2.4:1.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Currently, I have the Draper Clarion frame. How do I glue the grip rails onto my frame? Is the glue included as well? I'm worried the screen tension will finally rip off the glue.
@Skylinestar, you´d need to find a 14mm gap somewhere on the back of your frame, like on the second video here: http://dreamscreen.no/collections/p...-screen-fabric-2x4-5m-79-x-177-fit-all-system.

As for glue, we recommend Casco XtremeFix for our non US customers at 15 Euros per 300ml tube (Swedish company, glue can be purchased directly at DreamScreen.eu alongside the fabric), but if you´re located in the US I´m sure there is a lot of alternatives available that would work as well. I used this one last summer when I fitted some gutters to our Florida vacation home; http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-9-oz-Construction-Adhesive-8010003/206063265, it stuck quite well provided you give is some time to harden (10+ hours).

21 - 40 of 418 Posts