AVS Forum banner

381 - 400 of 418 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
We´ve had customers installing with grommet / eyelets, and it works fine, but a lot of customers are getting good results by simply stapling it on a wooden frame. We also have those grip rails that are very popular, especially if retrofitting an aluminum frame.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not sure if I should ask this question here or in the JVC projector thread.

JVC projectors have built in adjustments based on the screen you are using.
"Reflective characteristics that differ from screen to screen are precisely analyzed and the projector selects the best mode to match the screen being used. With the appropriate mode selected, the picture displayed will always be precisely adjusted to ensure excellent image reproduction with natural colour balance."

They have a table of all the available screens but DreamScreen is not included. My screen is the V7, is there a closest match that I should use from this list or is it better to just not specify which screen I'm using since DS is not listed?

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
The UltraWeaves are very close to Studiotek 100 in terms of white point, but we will certainly try to get these fabrics included in their db. Still, it is always the best advice to do a calibration, as every unit is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Is there a way to make the V7 retractable?
It should be possible.

Have someone tried that?
We´re working on a motorised, tensioned solution for the v7, and our ongoing tests indicate this fabric is well suited for the purpose as it is a bit heavier and more rigid than the v6. We are undergoing a long-term test now in terms of stability over time, and if this test is successful we would move to production.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Hey,
That's great news!
I'm looking forward to that.
The indications after several weeks of testing is quite positive for the v7 in a tensioned solution. Actually it seems to behave even better than many PVC-based screens (regular non-AT plastic screens) as there are no indications of horizontal lines after being rolled up for extended periods of time. We are currently testing it on a medium sized Ø7cm tube (the tube being used to roll the fabric onto within the cassette), and as this seems to be sufficient, the cassettes would not have to be overly large either.

We will continue our tests, but thus far it looks promising in terms of a future v7-based tensioned solution.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Absolutely amazed at the video quality of the V7. Have used both non-AT material and AT material in the past, the clarity of the image is now as good as any non-AT material I have ever used, even from a few CM’s away, you can’t see any weave at all. Brightness is also much improved compared to my old material.
In terms of the acoustical qualities, I must admit, when I first saw it, I really questioned how it could let any sound through it due to the tightness of the weave and the thickness of the material. However, after testing on REW, it gave virtually the same response to my entire LCR that I had experienced previously, with a material that is a lot less dense and had 20% less brightness.
Very impressed with the material, this watching on a Sony 4k Laser Projector. 👏🏻

·
Registered
19,851 Posts
The indications after several weeks of testing is quite positive for the v7 in a tensioned solution. Actually it seems to behave even better than many PVC-based screens (regular non-AT plastic screens) as there are no indications of horizontal lines after being rolled up for extended periods of time. We are currently testing it on a medium sized Ø7cm tube (the tube being used to roll the fabric onto within the cassette), and as this seems to be sufficient, the cassettes would not have to be overly large either.

We will continue our tests, but thus far it looks promising in terms of a future v7-based tensioned solution.

View attachment 3076424
That’s great news! Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey @Lygren,

From your website I can see two options for V7:

2.3 x 4 m --> 180" 16:9?
2.3 x 5.3 m --> 220" 21:9?

Will the motorised version be available in 100" 16:9?
And does it also have the black backing?

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Hey @Lygren,

From your website I can see two options for V7:

2.3 x 4 m --> 180" 16:9?
2.3 x 5.3 m --> 220" 21:9?

Will the motorised version be available in 100" 16:9?
And does it also have the black backing?
These are our current available bulk sizes, and we realise they are both a bit excessive for a 100" frame. We do have a pending production ongoing for a smaller (and larger) version, but we are still early in the process, meaning it will be several months before a smaller size is available. We might have a few, smaller cuts available of the v7 though, please feel free to contact us via our webpages for more information.

Reactions: FLX90

·
Registered
120 Posts
A couple of weeks of having my new screen I am absolutely blown away by the image.

Paired with a Sony 760, lumagen and cinema edition zappiti in a dedicated velvet covered batcave, I can honestly say I’ve never seen an image even close to what I’m getting now.

Razor sharp, incredible brightness and amazing uniformity. It looks absolutely stunning.

IMAX scenes of Dunkirk and Interstellar are out of this world crazy good!

A brilliant upgrade!

(velvet curtains pull over the acoustic panels)

·
Registered
323 Posts
A couple of weeks of having my new screen I am absolutely blown away by the image.

Paired with a Sony 760, lumagen and cinema edition zappiti in a dedicated velvet covered batcave, I can honestly say I’ve never seen an image even close to what I’m getting now.

Razor sharp, incredible brightness and amazing uniformity. It looks absolutely stunning.

IMAX scenes of Dunkirk and Interstellar are out of this world crazy good!

A brilliant upgrade!

(velvet curtains pull over the acoustic panels)
View attachment 3078580
Very nice, what screen did you upgrade from?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

View attachment 3076424

Very interesting indeed

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,699 Posts
I am pleased to report that tomorrow I will be upgrading my circa 15' wide 2.065:1 aspect ratio automated 4-way masking Display Technologies projection screen by upgrading the screen material to DreamScreen UltraWeave V7.

It is replacing the DT Screens ATWow acoustically transparent screen material.

This upgrade is long overdue and I consider to be an all-important necessity in advance of commencing my in-depth scientific analysis and review of both the Sony GTZ380 4K HDR laser projector and the Christie Griffyn HC 4K HDR RGB laser projector.

The screen material is due to be delivered tomorrow so I am hoping to have it fitted by close of play tomorrow!

381 - 400 of 418 Posts