AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen anything further on this projector and have any opinions or comparisons to report? I can't seem to find much on it anywhere other than a few early posts here.

Specifically, are the rainbows minimized with the 6 segment color wheel, and is the internal scaler adequate?

Given that it's a 1024x768 projector, how does it handle a 16:9 screen. It claims a 16:9 mode, but without an anamorphic lens, can it (or any 4:3 projector) really do 720p properly?

Thanks!

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Unfortunately I dont have any useful info for you. I just wanted to tell you that I have a client who is the factory rep in my neck of the woods. There is has been almost no discussion on this board concerning this machine. I tried starting a discussion when it first came out, but very few people had seen it and those who had didnt give it a very good review. Since then I have heard almost nothing. The rep seems to sell alot of them, but it never seem to catch on, at least with avscience. Most of the DLPs that came out about 1 year ago never seemed to catch on. Everyone seemed to know that the very next generations of machines would blow them away. So if you go to todays new crop of machines, you have the Sharp 9000, the Sanyo 60 and the new 16x9 native projectors that are coming out. It seems like the Seleco (same time frame as the Dwin, Moviestar) was the only one to make a dent. The Dwin seemed like a winner, but 6 months into production they developed a 16x9 projector and no one in this forum will touch the Dwin. I should know, I bought the Dwin and had to get rid of it because of the rainbow artifacts. I couldnt sell it , though I eventually got rid of it.

I think you are better off with todays DLPs/LCD. And of course their is the LT-150 everyone on this board seems to have.

Hope that helps a little

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.