AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
The dreamvision cinema ten pro was at CEDIA.

I read this in a magazine named prestige audio video #65.

Is anybody saw it ?

I apologize for my bad english.

------------------

Alfred Cylla

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi there

The Cinema Ten Pro will be displayed at the High-End Show in Switzerland this week-end.

I'll be posting some impressions next week.

Also present:

Sharp XVZ-9000

Seleco HT200/HT200DM/HT250 maybe HT300

Yamaha DPX1

Cheers

Anthony

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well considering they bought ALL the rights of the DAVIS corp. yes they are still around and working on alot of new equipment to be released at CES...

KD

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi,

Where can I find the Dreamvision cinema ten specs. ?

Thanks for your help.

------------------

Alfred Cylla

[This message has been edited by CYLLA (edited 09-19-2001).]

·
Registered
169 Posts
C
Originally posted by Tony-V:

Hi there

The inema Ten Pro will be displayed at the High-End Show in Switzerland this week-end.

I'll be posting some impressions next week.

Hi Tony-V,

Did you see the Dreamvision cinema ten pro ?

------------------

Alfred Cylla

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi cylla

I'm not tony, but i saw the cinema ten pro. I also saw the sim2 ht200dm, the yamaha dpx1 and the sharp 9000, in which my expectations were very high. I went to this fair especially to see the sharp, I saw the cinema ten pro more accindently ;)

1. I was quite disappointed by the sharp. it had severe problems with banding and it was shown on a very small screen.

2. I was delighted by the performance of the cinema ten pro. no RBE, extra-sharp, great blacks and wonderful colors. if you combine this pj with an isco2, it would be VERY HARD to top, even regarding the upcoming 16:9 pj's like the sharp 9000 and the sim2 ht300 or the new marantz.

3. i heard the yamaha also looks great, but on the fair the conditions were very bad, so no comment on the yamaha.

for me, it looks like the "old" 0.9 inch xga-dmd is still VERY good for ht-purposes because of it's great fill-factor and contrast.

greetings christoph

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sorry for the delay....

As Christoph mentioned in his post, the reason for visiting the exposition, was to see the Sharp!

Sadly most of the projectors were set-up with little care and shown in rooms with light faling directly onto the screen :(

I can't make any comments about the sharp, the set-up was bad, the sceen to small, the signal (not progressiv) and light shining directly onto the screen. Last but not least, the model they showed wasn't the final version either.....

Same goes for the Yamaha DPX-1

The Seleco HT200DM was quiet nice, with good colors and good blacklevel. Although the "screendoor effect" was very noticable and only got acceptable after siting 5-6m away...

The biggest surprise was the Cinema Ten Pro. The set-up was very good in a light controled room. Source was a HTPC. Width was about 3m and they where showing Gladiator.

I'm not very sensitive to RBE but I could see it at times. Someone that is more sensitive won't be happy at all.

The overall image was very good with good contrast and blacklevel.

BTW. there used to be a discussion about an anamorphic lens that could be used directly as an option. Sadly this approach has been droped due to competitive pricing.

Pricing was mentioned around 10'000$, which seems to be pretty high for a "simple" XGA-DLP.

If they had implemented an anamorphic Lens and sold it for around 10K, this might have been an option for me.

Allthough the Yamaha and Cinema Ten Pro have received very good reviews, I think that for the price some important features are missing.

Well the search goes on.....maybe the final European version of the 9000 will be an option.

Cheers

Anthony

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi anthony

I have to disagree with you. imho you can't directly compare the yamaha and the cinema ten pro. the yamaha still uses a rgb color wheel and therefore produces visible rbe, while the cinema ten pro already uses an rgbrgb color wheel and has (almost) no rbe. if you use an isco2 with the cinema ten pro on a htpc, there is no advantage with the new 16:9 pj's. the xga with isco uses even more pixels (vertically) to produce a wonderful image (768 not 720 with the new 16:9 dmd's).

this is certainly me personal, subjective opinion.

greetings christoph

·
Registered
581 Posts
Dear Christoph

You are right, my mistake.......the Cinema Ten Pro has the RGBRGB color wheel

The only problem I see is the price! If I get a Cinema Ten Pro + Isco II + HTPC, I'll be paying more than the Sharp 9000 with HTPC or progressivscan DVD-Player.......

I couldn't compare these two set-up's yet so I wouldn't know which combination would give a better image.

Thanks

Anthony

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi tony

I also "wanted" the sharp to be the one, but with the severe problems it had with banding, it isn't worth the whole lot of money they take in germany or switzerland. and even if "our" andy says that there are various differences between the "u" and the "e" version, the price is much too high for the "e" model. i'd rather go for the "u" and buy all dvd's as rc1 from now on IF there was NOT the problem with banding. this is just inacceptable. from my side, i live with my plus with isco2 and htpc, with produces a very decent picture and wait till there is a pj with NO downsides.

greetings christoph

ps: by the way, NO pj i've seen so far could move me to change the pj (at the moment).

pps: the best (digital) video projection i saw, was by the cinema ten pro.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for Tony and Christoph.

Why an ISCO II with the CINEMA TEN PRO if it has the new

TI DMD 16x9 Hd1 ?

Many thanks, and I apologize for my bad english.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi cylla

english isn't my mother language either ;)

the cinema ten pro has the xga 0.9 inch dmd, not the new 16:9 hd1. like i wrote above, this dmd in combination with the isco even has a resolution advantage when viewing anamorphotic sources (almost 95% of the dvd's) compared to the new hd1 dmd by 768 to 720 pixels vertically. also the isco gives you a more smooth, cinemalike picture than without the isco.

greetings christoph

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.