AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to use dricore or delta/fl for a subfloor, but i'm a few months away, however I did have a question. My house came with the basement unfinished, however they did do the framing of the rooms and soffited the main duct work.

So with the subfloor, i'm going to cut around the existing framing. When it comes to doors, should I leave the existing height they framed and just cut the door down the 7/8 of an inch the subfloor takes up, or should I raise the height of the framed in door that 7/8 inch?

People who did the framing then put down the subfloor, what did you do? Did you account for the extra height of the subfloor when it came to your doorways?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I used Platon, which is very similar to Delta/fl. I had 4 pre-framed door openings and I was able to install the doors on top of the OSB/Platon without any problem. Measure the rough opening as it is now, then add the thickness of the subfloor you are going to use. You should have at lease 1/4" extra for leveling the door. My Platon/OSB combined thickness was 1 1/16".

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.