AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 Drivefans.com

More news here

Written and directed by Tim Minear (Firefly, Angel) stars Nathan Fillion (White Noise 2, Lost, Slither, Firefly, Buffy, Angel) and is about an illegal cross country race that some are forced to join and some join involuntary....Also staring Amy Acker (The Inside, Alias)

IMDB Link

Cannot wait, looks like its going to be a great show made by a great writer and director...seriously high expectations for this

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 /forum/post/0

Written and directed by Tim Minear (Firefly, Angel) stars Nathan Fillion (White Noise 2, Lost, Slither, Firefly, Buffy, Angel) and is about an illegal cross country race that some are forced to join and some join involuntary....Also staring Amy Acker (The Inside, Alias)

Being a fan of Minear's past work, I too am looking forward to this one. However, being a fan of Minear's past work, I'm also going in prepared that it'll be cancelled after airing only 4 episodes and that I'll have to watch the remaining 9 eps when the "full series" DVD box is released. ;-)

FYI

Nathon Fillion was never on Angel and Amy Acker was never on The Inside.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGigaShadow /forum/post/0

Being a fan of Minear's past work, I too am looking forward to this one. However, being a fan of Minear's past work, I'm also going in prepared that it'll be cancelled after airing only 4 episodes and that I'll have to watch the remaining 9 eps when the "full series" DVD box is released. ;-)

FYI

Nathon Fillion was never on Angel and Amy Acker was never on The Inside.

yup totally...the Whedon-curse is strong with this one...

and yup, you got me there....they weren't on those shows...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGigaShadow /forum/post/0

Man, I hate being right alll the time.

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Holy Crap. The Fox boys seem to not only be reading my posts over in the 'Fringe' thread, but listening to them as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin /forum/post/14740298

Don't worry, its coming. Why do you think we haven't seem Peter's mom yet?

Having watched the few good new shows that have come out this summer already, I decided to give Fringe one more shot, on the 3 times is the charm theory of television, and it didn't disappoint. I was also able to discover what 'The Pattern' is. I was surprised that the premise of the second show was practically the same as the first show, in its overall approach, and was shocked that the 3rd ep was almost identical to the second show.

Then it hit me. JJ's a playful guy. What nobody seems to have realized as yet, is that this series is an 'IN' joke,. and the secret of "THE PATTERN' is nothing more than a sly tribute to the way this show will operate. Sort of a Mad-libs with empty blanks that are filled in by rote, to see if the target audience for this show would even notice. And sonuvabitch, most of them didn't.

I'd say the third ep was probably the most even so far, particularly because it was the least odd in the bunch. I'm crazy about Walter, and even Peter is improving, but watching each episode is like being forced to view the same 'Mechanized Death' film over and over in order to get your license, except MDs kind of better, albeit in a sick way.

If I was Fox, Here's what I'd do. First I'd get my team down for a pow-wow with the producers of Dollhouse and 24, the closest thing to Great White Hope's that the network currently has, and find out how much it would cost to fix either of them. Then I'd keep Fringe in play only as long as necessary, as a potential fallback for either. Then I'd get on the phone to the producers of 'Drive', and obtain all un-aired episodes to fill the timeslot when Fringe prematurely bottoms out.

____________________________________________________________ _

Palladin

Chance favors the prepared mind

P.S. Just want to let the Fox guys know that I'll be more than happy to help with any programming ideas in the future for gratis.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Drive

R.I.P.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.