AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out the most cost effective and easy way to upgrade my ReplayTV 2020 unit to a drive with at least 125hrs of space on it. I need sources of people/places that provide these services. Also, can someone list the time differences? Lets say how many hours you get on a 125hr machine on Standard/Medium/High qualities? Thanks guys! This might be a good thread to pin at some point as well. :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I am really looking for someone/service that will just ship me a new drive ready to load in the box. Similar to Replay Tivo.net

Also a time/space converstion table:

Example..

Quote:
Hours.....LOW.....MED.....HIGH

120.......120.......??.........??

Also, what would you do with the leftover RTV2020 HDD once you upgraded it?

·
Registered
640 Posts
>OK, I am really looking for someone/service that will just ship me a new drive ready to load in the box. Similar to Replay Tivo.net

Check E-Bay. Use the Replaytv search term. There are many choices of drives. I did what you are looking to do, got a 120 hr drive. I got mine from a seller called static21. His real name is Walter. The drive arrived, I did a direct replacement, it booted up and all I needed to do was to change the access phone numbers and the like. It already had the RTV OS.

Good Luck

·
Registered
669 Posts
hi,

thanks for the reccomendation cliff,

real name is Warren though ;-)

i have screen shots for the replay with all different

size drives, at the different recording qualities,

if anyone is interested i could post them here or email then or

maybe even set up a web page.

Regards,