AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please someone has the driver for use the Motorola DCX 34xx with a IEEE 1394 and Windows 7 64 bit ??? I can´t transfer information to my PC. Thanks.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I am 101% positive the 3400 I have won't tranfer via firewire to any PC no matter what OS is used. Maybe yours does dependent on provider.

If you can't find a driver, why not call a cab instead?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugarte  /t/1419333/driver-for-motorola-dcx-dcx-34xx-driver-for-windows-7-64-bit#post_22201088

Please someone has the driver for use the Motorola DCX 34xx with a IEEE 1394 and Windows 7 64 bit ??? I can´t transfer information to my PC. Thanks.

No such driver exists. Nobody has a 64-bit Windows 7 (or XP, or Windows 8, or any other version of Windows) driver. 64-bit Windows drivers do not exist for FireWire transferring of HDTV content.

And nobody is writing one.

32-bit Windows drivers do exist for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8. However, your cable box DVR, the Motorola DCX 3400, is known to have buggy FireWire firmware and likely will not work properly. The Motorola DCT and DCH DVR's work much much better for FireWire transferring HDTV recordings to PC or Mac.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts