AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing the wall angles onto the walls alot of websites suggest nails. Can I use screws instead? What kind of screw should I use? I would think screws would hold up alot longer than nails. Not to mention easier not to destroy the wall angle since Im not that great at precision hammering lol. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Im goin to HD to pick up the materials today yay!

·
Registered
454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecrusher /forum/post/15447498

When installing the wall angles onto the walls alot of websites suggest nails. Can I use screws instead? What kind of screw should I use? I would think screws would hold up alot longer than nails. Not to mention easier not to destroy the wall angle since Im not that great at precision hammering lol. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Im goin to HD to pick up the materials today yay!

Mine were nailed in. Part of the reason for nails is that once fully in, they are nearly flush with the wall. Screws tend to protrude a bit more into the area where you plan on dropping the tile.

Look at how big the holes are in the metal angle bracket, and get small wood screws whose head is *just* slightly bigger than the hole (about 1/16" should do it). When they are sunk in, they should still hold the metal framing just fine, but won't catch on the tiles when you drop them into place.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So your saying start getting my aim in check eh? yea thats makes sense but just wasnt sure if a pan head would of been in the way of the tiles or not. Thanks for the info just needed to be sure before I got to the store. Hate making two trips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts