AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was late and I had just finish painting. My Viewsonic was on the diner table. I played with color and Micheal Flaster software between coats. I got my feet in the power-cord and the projector drop on the floor. The casing is crack. I could probably glue it back. I hook it up to my computer and it's seem to work ok.

Will that shorten the lamp life?

Anybody as a spare Viewsonic PJL830 casing for me? Or any other machine like it? (Davis, Kodak, Dreamvision)

Thank you!

Bruno

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Man, I know your pain.

During the move from our Apartment to our new House, I specifically set aside my Pioneer Elite F07 300 DVD changer loaded to the hilt with DVD's. I wasn't going to trust it with the moving company. My mom and dad came over and offered to take my electronic equipment over in their van. My dad toted the 300DVD changer out, tripped on the curb at the parking lot, and came crashing down on the asphalt parking lot with the changer in hand. Fortunately, he was not hurt, but the changer didn't fare as well. All the DVDs came out of their slots and I had to carefully fish each one out. Many were scratched, but still play. The changer case was warped, and the electronic board inside cracked. I had it repaired, but to this day, the case is still warped, the audio sometimes doesn't work, and the spinning mechanism makes a loud racket on chapter changes. :(

For your projector, I would be worried about light spillage, containment of dust, and cooling. Better glue it the best you can, and start looking for a case.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by robertmee
Man, I know your pain.

During the move from our Apartment to our new House, I specifically set aside my Pioneer Elite F07 300 DVD changer loaded to the hilt with DVD's. I wasn't going to trust it with the moving company. My mom and dad came over and offered to take my electronic equipment over in their van. My dad toted the 300DVD changer out, tripped on the curb at the parking lot, and came crashing down on the asphalt parking lot with the changer in hand. Fortunately, he was not hurt, but the changer didn't fare as well. All the DVDs came out of their slots and I had to carefully fish each one out. Many were scratched, but still play. The changer case was warped, and the electronic board inside cracked. I had it repaired, but to this day, the case is still warped, the audio sometimes doesn't work, and the spinning mechanism makes a loud racket on chapter changes. :(

For your projector, I would be worried about light spillage, containment of dust, and cooling. Better glue it the best you can, and start looking for a case.
The case is not that badly damage. Glue should take care of it making in not to noticeable. After it's repair I don't believe I will have light spillage or dust.

I like my stuff like new. It drive me nuts that my casing is broken now.

Your story is worst than mine. 300 DVD in a parking lot. That is really scary.

My wife was really mad. I have been working on a retractable hush-box for 2 weeks now. 3 weekend. the living room is not in working condition. The thought of no living room for 2 weeks and no reward at the end was to much for her. :( Let say I have to finish my project before the weekend or after that time won't be a issue anymore. :)

Thanks for your support.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.