AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I was testing how long the battery of the xr550 can last, when after 5 hours and 25 minutes, I got the message:

DROP SENSOR

function invalid

and the recording session stopped and the camcorder turned off.

Does anyone knows the meaning ?

Does it means that the battery run off ?

Thank you

·
Registered
936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi /forum/post/18291477

Hello guys, I was testing how long the battery of the xr550 can last, when after 5 hours and 25 minutes, I got the message:

DROP SENSOR

function invalid

and the recording session stopped and the camcorder turned off.

Does anyone knows the meaning ?

Does it means that the battery run off ?

Thank you

I would expect the battery to run out somewhere in there!

Did you happen to be watching the LCD or viewfinder to see if the blinking "battery low" icon was showing? When my battery runs out in the CX500V, you get plenty of notice.

Because the XRs have hard drives, they would have a sensor constantly active to detect drops to protect the hard drive from the heads. So if you lost power to that sensor in particular, I wouldn't be surprised to have the camera shut down immediately as a precaution. Maybe losing enough juice to power the sensor is what triggers the shutdown as opposed to it stopping recording and shutting down when the battery runs out. Or this may be some kind of fault with the cam. Hopefully the former.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Gull /forum/post/18292839

I would expect the battery to run out somewhere in there!

Did you happen to be watching the LCD or viewfinder to see if the blinking "battery low" icon was showing? When my battery runs out in the CX500V, you get plenty of notice.

Because the XRs have hard drives, they would have a sensor constantly active to detect drops to protect the hard drive from the heads. So if you lost power to that sensor in particular, I wouldn't be surprised to have the camera shut down immediately as a precaution. Maybe losing enough juice to power the sensor is what triggers the shutdown as opposed to it stopping recording and shutting down when the battery runs out. Or this may be some kind of fault with the cam. Hopefully the former.

I think that the reason is that I turned off the HD protection and that is the message that appears everytime I turn on the camera as warniong message.

So what happened is that the battery run out and maybe the camera shut down and restarting the message reappeared.

so I think the problem has been solved.

tx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts