AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had dropouts about every 30 seconds for the last 2 days. Sometimes the picture breaks up and others the screen goes black for a second or two.

Everything had worked fine for a day or two following KOVR's equipment upgrades. I did a rescan and recheck of my OTA antenna but still ended up with the same problems.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, at least I wasn't imagining it :). I got an email response from Bob Olsen of KOVR stating that he was running some tests to locate the problem if there is one.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just noticed the problem tonight on Joan Of Arcadia. We had not watched CBS for two days. I am not experiencing video drop outs like on UPN, but pixelation in the picture. The audio does drop out momentarily.

Have not noticed a video/audio snyc problem.

Bryan

·
Registered
163 Posts
argh.... I was in my attic 2 days ago and bumped my antenna....after that I noticed the problem below on KOVR.... I have been up and down about 300 times adjusting, tightening etc....to no avail.... glad to hear it may be a problem at the station.... please post any updates as they emerged... you may have saved my sanity :)

--rb

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I agree, I am seeing it too. With only 7 days to SuperBowl, we need to get them on this.

Hammer

·
Registered
123 Posts
I read that some of you have stated that KOVR is experiencing drop outs in audio and video. Is there anyone that can't pick it up anymore? I can't pick it up at all (like when they were performing their upgrades).

Bob, I don't know what to make of the information that you posted. Have you guys taken the digital signal off the air to make adjustments, or am I not able to pull in a signal at my location anymore?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Still happening this evening. I thought that some adjustments were being made in the middle of "Cold Case" when I saw the audio lose sync. Unfortunately the sync was restored and the dropouts continue :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm going to just cross my fingers and hope they get it fixed by Sunday. It's a long wait for the next Superbowl. Just for tracking purposes, I get a stutter/dropout on average about every couple minutes (just the news is on right now). 6:15pm.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, at least from Bryan's post KOVR seems to be aware of the problem. Yes, lets hope they do fix this soon. We will all just have to keep bugging them about it. :p

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is there a WEB URL that posts the status of known issues for KOVR aka "Currently Investigating Dropouts - ETA is unknown at this time" or "We beleive the issue to be resolved".... I would much rather Bob be reading mail regarding resolving the issue then us complaining (but at the same time would like to know when the issue has been resolved)

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I can just see it now... Sunday's game comes on and hundreds of angry bar owners sit watching as customers walk out in droves because their big screen HDTV's picture is breaking up. Then there's all the new home theater owners that just got an HDTV for Christmas specifically for this event, who in disgust end up tuning to the analog broadcast and stretch it to fill the screen trying to fool all their friends. Meanwhile the "engineers" on duty in KOVR's control room are too busy rolling tape and flipping faders to worry about the HD feed, and you can forget about ever contacting them real time.

Somebody slap me... Am I dreaming? Tic-toc Tic-toc

Hammer

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.