AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally arrived! I haven't been able to find what cheap media works with the Sony dru500a. The only post found mentioned datawrite which I only found outside the states.

If you have found a spindle of media that works great. Please share!

Only post if you have burned to the Sony dru500a or (external). There's plenty of threads dealing with media issues for standalone dvd recorders.

When posting try to leave the following info:

Type of Disc: DVD-R, +R, -RW, +RW

Brand

Purchased from and price/qty?

Also leave if possible what burning software you used, version?

And last, if you have upgraded your firmware to burn 4X RW speed.

Thanks -Joseph-

·
Registered
499 Posts
Firmware 1.0f works great, and as Eric said enables me to burn at 2x on some ultra cheap 1x rated DVD-R's. I got them from Hypermicro.com and they are now $69 for a spindle of 100.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Eric and Pradeep, thanks for the excellent links and info.

What burning software are you using? I'm guessing not the supplied veritas software. Roxio, Nero, version? thanks -Joseph-

·
Registered
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TwilightZone
Hey Eric and Pradeep, thanks for the excellent links and info.

What burning software are you using? I'm guessing not the supplied veritas software. Roxio, Nero, version? thanks -Joseph-
I'm using Stomp Record Now Max 4.5, which is available in a 30 day trial version. I found the supplied Veritas Record Now to be good as well, no probs there.

Nero has issues with the 500A currently, it screws up DVD+R burns, and the DVD Videos it burns are unplayable in the X-Box. Hopefully these issues will be rectified soon.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
A new X copy version will be released this week that will address all problems with compatibility including x box. It will not copy x box games but, backed up movie dvd's will be able to play on the x box or so they say.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I should have said that DVD Videos burned with Veritas Record Now or Record Now Max playback fine in the X-Box, it's just a Nero bug.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.