AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone in the DC area have the exprience of having the drywalls deliver to the basement? I have a walkout. Thank you in advance.

BTW, this forum rocks. Unbelievable talented people with great information and knowledge sharing.

Eric

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Sure. Lots of guys have had their DW delivered to the basement. DW was the one thing I have contracted out and that was part of the deal with the contractor. I do know that HD will deliver ("boom" it) and a few others have used other local supply houses and had it delivered. Call around and ask.

I can say that it is worth every penny to have someone else haul it in for you.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,567 Posts
Damelon just had it done on the project I'm helping him with. (Bacon Race Theater)

Contact Capital Building Supply. They will bring it into a walk-out basement for $1.50 sheet. You can order insulation from them as well and I think if your total delivery is over $1000 there is no delivery fee. Tips and a cold drink for the workers is always welcome.

They also stock a wide variety of sizes. Damelon has 8'6" ceilings so he ordered 9 ft drywall.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk /forum/post/20829284

$1.50 is a good price. Local building supply companies here in Minnesota want $2-2.25 a sq ft on top of the $50 delivery fee.

HUH!?! $2-2.25 sqft to pack into the house? Thats like 10x the cost of the drywall?

What am I missing?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered. Delivered.

FYI, Washingtonians:

They actually only charged $50 for delivery (to the walkout basement) and the $50 is waived if the order is more than $1000. Never mentioned per sheet charge when I placed the order. Any way, I think it's a great deal. I am happy. Thank you.

Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.