AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my surround speakers which are mounted on the drywall with speaker brackets, I want to have nice, clean, small hole in drywall for the speaker wire.

- What ways have people put a hole in the drywall and finished it off to make it look nice and clean?

- What about if you have a sound-proofed room? How do you seal the hole (again in a nice and clean manner)?

Sincerely,

snooktarpon

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
the hole should be adequately sealed with as much of the most-dense caulk you can find. I have heard nice things about USG's acoustical caulk, and it's inexpensive. Auralex and many others also offer acoustical caulk.

the caulk will be more dense than the drywall, so if you completely fill the hole it should render the hole a minimal problem acoustically.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I used a hole saw for the drywall, then bought some "desk grommets" to trim the hole. The desk grommet was a little loose, so some electrical tape around the part that goes into the wall snugged it up nicely.

Looks very nice. Don't know about soundproofing, though. I can't believe too much sound would get through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.