AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot. I am really considering getting rid of the wiremold panel that is currently hiding my cables and purchasing the Power Bridge. My question is this, how do I repair the hole that will be made with the Power Bridge if I were to uninstall it? I wanna know so when I move, I can fix it. i know to keep the piece of drywall that I cut out but how do I go about putting the piece back in the hole and keeping it there? Everything I find online has to do with installing drywall and fixing small holes. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd recommend the DIY forum further down. However, here's the quick version:

- You cut out the hole and keep the piece of drywall that you cut out.

- To begin the repair you need something to support the drywall piece that you want to put back in.

- Get a couple 1x4s or 2x4s that are about 6" longer than the height of your hole.

- Fasten them on the inside of the hole so that about 2" or more of the wood overlaps the outside edge of the hole. One piece of wood on each side of the hole.

- Return the original piece of drywall to the hole and secure it to the overlapping pieces of wood.

- Tape and mud the seams and screws

- Paint and texture

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.