AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Cover everything and seal off anything you don't want to get dusty with plastic (I'm actually enclosing the entire rooms perimeter in plastic). Because unless you are a real pro you'll be sanding and that dust is so fine and goes everywhere.

·
Registered
624 Posts
If you already own a shop vac go to HD or a similar Home Improvement store and pick up a vac sander. It attaches to your shop vac and sucks up the dust as you sand. I paid $20 Cdn for mine and I'm in the process of finishing. I'd say that this thing picks up 99% of the dust. Well worth it IMO.

Also, you'll want to get a drywall foot jack. It will allow you to lift the drywall a few inches off the floor easily. It can also be found at HD in the Drywall tools section.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Spell, use adhesive (LiquidNails Drywall) on the ceiling anmd screws all around. Ceiling forst, walls top to bottom (horizontally) Also, see here .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Larry, why use liquid nails (drywall) on the ceiling? Are you suggesting not using screws on the ceiling? Is this for sound isolation purposes or an easier way to do it? Thanks for your insight!

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I meant LN and screws on the ceiling. Reduces sagging as the drywall ages.

·
Registered
268 Posts
if you are using a double layer you might want to double up the framing at the inside corners. You will have trouble catching the wood with the second layer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.