AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Dscaler Developers, ii tried the new (06.17.01) 2.4.2 and on the usual hardware i got severe dropped frames in Video 2frame mode on HTPC2 (PIII 866).

2.4.1 and previous work perfectly with filters and auto detects in all video deinterlace modes.

It seems really code specific, but the strange thing is that on HTPC1 (PIII 628 tuner mode) there is no big difference in d/f.

You can get my specs here: http://www.mclink.it/personal/MC1290.../upstairs.html

P.s. Are you disturbed by my postings on alpha releases here ?

Best regards

------------------

dubmaster

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Dubmaster

Have you got the latest BIOS on your HTPC2?

The only change I can imagine that would have an effect is that we've gone back to using SSE instruction for the memcopy.

If it's not that then I'll have a look at what else has changed.

John

Don't mind you posting here. though I would prefer it on the developers list.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, i upgraded to latest june bios, also checked bios parameters and dropped frames are still present, roughly 3 frames in a block, every 2/3 of a second. Still perfect with 2.4.1 and previous.

bye

------------------

dubmaster

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Ah forgot something, there has been a big change to the 2:2 autodetection code it has become a lot better but it is more CPU intensive. That will be the cause of the increase in dropped frames. I'll try and work on some kind of low CPU option for slower CPUs

John

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running a PIII @866 Mhz on HTPC2 with no overclock, tomorrow i will experiment a moderate overclock. I think that maybe it is a little too cpu intensive, anyway performance has a price, and i'm already thinking about > 1Ghz cpu with DDram .

thanks

------------------

dubmaster

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hmmm looking again there is not really much difference in the film mode code between 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 so that's not it.

There were some changes to the field timing. Could you check out 2.4.3 which I'll notify to the list at the weekend.

John

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Guys, since you are the ONLY people on this forum who have the expertise to answer my question, I would love to hear feedback from anyone of you that can help me.

I am very fortunate that dscaler supports HRC-cable systems. I have found out that MANY analog cable tuner software do not even consider that a person might be using an HRC-cable system.

That is why I cannot scan for channels or change channels in ANY VFW realtime mpeg2 video/audio encoding software program. I wish showshifter supported HRC-cable system or if there was at least a hack to make it work.

Can you guys recommend me an mpeg2 realtime software encoder supporting vfw WinTV/win2k with cable-HRC support...scheduling would be nice.

All I can find is program which save in avi format or program which simply doesn't have cable-HRC support.

PLEASE HELP!?

------------------

-Michael

[email protected]

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John, i overclocked to 903 Mhz and no more dropped frames, i only changed that, didn't make the reverse test yet(switching back @866 Mhz.

I'll love to test 2.4.3

bye

------------------

dubmaster

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hallo John,

2.4.3 is under test, on HTPC2 (PIII ovclck @903 Mhz) is very unresponsive. The commands are executed after several seconds, the command queue is retained. Sometimes also the mouse pointer disappears. I begin to suspect that some bios settings are wrong on this HTPC, as on HTPC1 on tuner input i have no unresponsiveness (@600 Mhz).

I'm using 2.4.1 on HTPC2 for casual viewing and 2.4.3 for movie viewing.

best regards

------------------

dubmaster

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to apologise, i always copied Dscaler.ini and Settings.Bt from the old folder to the new one. Today i tried 2.4.4 deciding to start from scratch.

No more unresposivness, no d/f at all, just perfect smooth operations. I continue to have delays in response in tuner mode with Autopulldown, but HTPC2 is mainly used for DSS in svideo.

Sorry

------------------

dubmaster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.