AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using anything other than Dscaler for TV out on the HTPC?

I am looking for alternatives (Freeware or commercial) due to sound issues I am having with Dscaler.

I am mostly interested in Picture quality and recording is not necessarily needed.

Actually tuning is not even necessary because I am feeding my Satellite picture into the S-Video input of my ATI TV Wonder Pro.

Here is my setup:

Dell SFF machine 2 Gig, 256 Meg RAM

ATI TV Wonder Pro (Svideo in via Sat)

ATI Radeon 9200 attached to Zenith D27D51 via VGA (RGB) input

720 x 540p powerstrip timings

Any help would be appreciated,

Eli

·
Registered
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by elias
ATI TV Wonder Pro (Svideo in via Sat)

ATI Radeon 9200 attached to Zenith D27D51 via VGA (RGB) input
Why not just run the sound directly from the sat box to the sound system (either receiver or TV as the case may be. Presto, solves all your dscaler sound problems... :)

---Jim

·
Registered
307 Posts
Why can't you take the sound directly out of your satellite box to the TV? I'm new to HTPC and don't understand your Dscaler issue. Is it a timing issue causing a sync problem between audio/video?

Rip

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For some reason Dscaler doesn't play well with the ATI Wonder Pro and sound... I have posted this issue to the Dscaler forum with no resolution.

The ATI app that comes with the board works fine, but pic quality leaves a lot to be desired.

I have the sound out of the PC (Used currently for DVD playback) already going to the sound in on the TV, so the RCA ports on the TV are already filled, short of putting in an audio switcher of some type I am at a loss...

Eli

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It's not free, but the MYHD 100 does a pretty good job of scaling SDTV, rock solid. I would imagine the MYHD 120 does just as well. I used to use Dscaler, but could never get Basketball (fast motion video) to stop jerking/look the way i wanted. I was buying a MYHD anyway, so I gave it a try. Looks pretty good to me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I have been looking at the MYHD card for a while now, but was kinda hoping to get a software only solution that would work with my existing hardware.

Everything the way it stands, fits nice in snug in my SFF case...

Eli

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.