AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my new accessdtv card tomorrow and am wondering if I need Dscaler. If so does anybody have a link to download the newest version of dscaler!!!!

Thanks

Rodney

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
You can't use Dscaler with AccessDTV. You'll have to use the built-in scaler which is pretty good

Happy HDTVing

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that is good news......I didn't want to have to manipulate another program...it is all starting to get confusing..........

I do have one more question....I am using a 960X540 setting with Powerstrip to display on my Pioneer 58" TV........will that matter with the Accessdtv??? Or do I have to use a 1920X1080 config!!!!!

Thanks

Rodney

·
Registered
153 Posts
Actually it is possible to use AccessDTV and DScaler at the same time, but independantly, if you have enough CPU power. For example, sometimes I start timeshifting an HD show with AccessDTV but pause it so I can start watching late and skip commercials. Meanwhile I'll run DScaler and watch some other TV program coming thru a regular capture card from my TiVo. You would need to disable the overlay in AccessDTV (called "application video") to do this.

AccessDTV won't care what your desktop resolution is. It uses a separate output at the user selected HD resolution (when in fullscreen mode). For fullscreen viewing with AccessDTV you can choose between 480p, 720p, 1080i, and a couple other modes meant for computer monitors. The program will be scaled to the selected resolution by the AccessDTV hardware (or not scaled if it's the same).

- Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave,

Thanks for the help......I don't have another capture card but I do have my Hi-Def receiver plugged into my Tv so I can just switch inputs to watch it!!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Rodney

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.