Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

Anyone know whether dScaler is compatible with the ATI Rage LT Pro AGP 2X video card? I have seen that dScaler is apparently NOT compatible with the ATI Rage Theater Pro chipset, but I do not know if these chips are in my card.

Thanks in advance!

SFC

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
SFC: not for capturing using that card--you would need another, compatible one. You should be fine for displaying the captured picture with that card, though, if it has 8 or 16MB of video memory.

Good luck.

------------------

Dan

[This message has been edited by dschmelzer (edited 06-03-2001).]

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan!

I have an 8 MB card, and my initial interest is in playback of DVD/other to an LCD projector (not capture). Currently, I am just using the Gateway DVD software (3.02); comments on whether another program + dScaler would provide an even better image?

SFC

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
SFC: perhaps DScaler isn't what you are looking for. DScaler uses a capture card to obtain video (laserdisc, VHS, etc.), deinterlaces it, and then scales it to any required resolution/refresh. It sounds as if your needs require using a software DVD player from an internal DVD drive. This wouldn't require DScaler.

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pardon my ignorance! Sounds like dScaler is the software equivalent of something like the Quadscan and iScan boxes, correct? This is, in fact, something I want to consider. I presume that capture cards allow you to easily switch between inputs?

SFC

·
Registered
839 Posts
SFC, you got it right. DScaler allows you to deinterlace analog sources like vcr, laserdisc etc... and makes it a progressive scan video feed for use on data grade projectors, htdv-ready tv sets and such.

See the FAQ at http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net

Your question about switching ; most cards are coming with a composite and svhs input so you can switch at least from those. However, you can use your a/v (pre)amplifier to do the audio and video switching and let DScaler work on whatever the amplifier/switcher gives it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.