AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've checked the forums here and the dScaler forums as well and I can't seem to find anything on this topic.

The program has never crashed or given me any problems but this one little thing bugs the heck out of me. When I watch a film on TBS/FoxMovies/SciFi/etc everytime it goes to a commercial dscaler begins dropping frames, which indicates it goes from film to video mode, but it doesn't go back to film mode after the commercial break. Is there any way to get it to switch modes automatically faster? I can force it to do this by closing the program and relaunching but this is a PITA. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Maybe it is dropping frames and failing selection because of insufficient CPU power. If using TomsMoComp you might try lowering the SearchEffort parm to 1 or changing to a less demanding deinterlace method like Greedy (Low Motion) to save CPU.

- Tom

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom,

I've got it running on a 1Ghz cpu w/ 512 mb of ram and nothing else is running in the background, the pc is solely dedicated to the theater. I'm not using any filters besides what is turned on with a basic install. It does show greedy (low motion). I've never tried any other deinterlace methods b/c I have been satisfied with the results from the basic install.

The program will eventually switch deinterlace methods but I wanted to get it to switch faster. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
On that box using Greedy (Low M) you should have lot's of CPU, so I'm not sure what is happening.

I don't even know how it works but you might uncheck the Deinterlace/Fall_Back_on_bad_pulldown box.

- Tom

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tom, I'll try that out. I've looked at my resources while running dScaler and it isn't anywhere near 20%.

Grady

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.