AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using SageRecorder for up to 9 months now.....but I am going to step up to SageTV, and in doing so, I am starting to go back and optimize many aspects of my home theater SetUp.

In reviewing the forums there are always many discussions on picture quality optimization, tools like elecard/dscaler, ffdshow....etc. Much of this seems confusing to me....and I am not sure that with my set-up I can optimize any further.......so here is my question.

GIVEN...that I am running Sage on a PVR350 capture card with SVideo input from Samsung SIR-TS160 DTV box, and output with an ATI AIW 7500 via the DVI port to a Samsung HLM series DLP tv with DVI input (therefore true 720p native with the 1280 by 720 setting) and catalyst 3.9 ..... IS THERE ANY BENEFIT AT ALL to using other than the stock capabilities of Sage ....i.e. is it worth the effort to try elecard, dscaler, etc. etc. given my TV has 3:2 pulldown, DVDi by Faroudja, and all this other sexy stuff I don't understand....

Obviously, I want to optimize my PQ....we all always want to be running at the best we can. But I am concerned that I may not benefit at all from time spent, and actually end up worse off.

If anyone has optimized Sage with a like configuration.....I would love to know their set-up (i.e. any registry changes, color hues, etc. etc. best performance settings, etc.) Heretofo, I have only cranked up the bit rate to optimize...(obviously, a strongman and inefficient way to do it)

Thanks for any help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.