Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone

Some of you have already noticed upon receiving their november issue of Stereophile Guide to Home Theater ..

http://www.guidetohometheater.com/co...issue.1101.jpg

.. that it features another article from Patrick Megenity related to htpc. This is not the first one, but I guess this is the first one dedicated to DScaler and is called "The 50$ scaler".

This is for sure not everyday that you hear about what you're working onto into such a magazine.

Thanks to Patrick and kudos to the whole DScaler team.

If I could, I'd make sure that the journalist has tried it with some good hardware, and was able to make good use of it. Just want to be sure the guy saw the best out of it ;)

Yvonus

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Yeh, it was a great article. A full two pages!

As I understand it, SGHT has a circulation of (well?) over 50,000.

This and many other articles in the mainstream press lately have contributed to much wider distribution of DScaler--the project is doing about 7,500 downloads a week nowadays. There might be an influx of new posters to AVS Forum because of this.

Congratulations to the developers!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think that the Dscaler team should contact the magazine to point out the glaring error in the article's title. It should have been called 'The 0$ Scaler'.

I suppose that people may argue that the cost of building a HTPC should be considered - if that is the case I want to know where I can buy a HTPC for $50! ;)

Congrats to the whole Dscaler team..

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi Guys,

Don't be so rough on Pat - hifipj here in the forum.

He probably meant that it only costs the price of a video acquisition card, so about $50 on average, even if some buy them cheaper (see the forum threads to this effect) and others prefer to pay more to get the best (see KBK's modded cards).

Now that SDI is another DScaler option, he may have to revise that price estimate in his follow-up article. ;)

Cheers,

·
Registered
464 Posts
I get this mag monthly and keep seeing references to AVSForum. Very cool :) I just bought in to the Dscaler setup a few weeks ago and BAM there was the article a week later staring me in the face. Small world, eh?

You have to wonder how many discussions go on at AV companies where Dscaler and HTPC popup. I bet it's more and more each day.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My comment was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek and funny rather than larconic and sarcastic. Guess I haven't mastered the art of smiley-fu yet.

Didn't mean to sound harsh... :D

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by genixia
I think that the Dscaler team should contact the magazine to point out the glaring error in the article's title. It should have been called 'The 0$ Scaler'.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ;)

Technically, if you are talking about DScaler, you should say the Zero $ Deinterlacer (let's not forget that DScaler doesn't in fact scale :) )

-Steve

p.s. Sorry :( I couldn't resist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.