Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is a feature I wanted for a long long time.

Filter setting saved based on input source (capture card), input type (S-video, SDI etc) and NTSC/PAL.

For example I want the Winfast VC100XP capture card S-video to have a Sharpness filter enable at value 96, and Adpative Noise filter enable, Chroma filter enable with default H/V chroma delay. While the Silk 100 SDI card SDI input has the Sharpness filter enable at value 64, NO Adaptive Noise filter, Chroma filter enable and H delay at -10, V delay at +5.

Now each time I switch between input source, type, NTSC, PAL, I need to manually change all of these filter settings!

Besides, please also save the last Deinterlace mode for each input source, type, NTSC, PAL and restore it when in use.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Li On

PS: I posted the request on the Dscaler feature request forum at http://www.dscaler.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=8313

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Li On

Most of what you want should be possible with the current version. To enable saving of setting by channel format other than the simple stuff you have to switch on the flags held in "Advanced Settings"/"Activate Settings Saving" and then enable the Flt On/Off setting for each filter you want to control and Flt Settings for each of the filters you want to have different settings for.

John

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,

Thanks for the advice.

Tried the "Activate Setting's Saving"->"Flt On Off"/"Flt Settings" and it seems save the filter settings per source/video input/video format alright. I need to config each filter setting a few times to let it remember though.

Now the only missing save setting is the last deinterlace mode per source/video input/video format.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd love to be able to flip between "settings", without shutting DScaler down, and starting up with a different .INI file (might already be possible?)

I run a Playstation 2 through our reciever into an MSI car, and the PS2 is incredibly dark - have to play with the video settings or overlay settings in order to see anything. If I could hotkey switching settings, I could get Girder to do it for me when I change inputs on the reciever.

I'm tempted to grab the source tree, and add it myself.

Cheers!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Li On

To get the deinterlace method saving by setting I'll have to change some code, but it should be in the next release.

Jeff

It's posible to start DScaler with an ini file as a parameter but not to change all the settings like that without closing down DScaler. By all means grab the tree and sand a patch.

John

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi John,

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Btw, I assume the Dscaler has a separate hot-key for each deinterlace mode so I can program it into a remote, right?

I should check this myself but if you know please just post a yes. Thanks in advance.

regards,

Li On

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.