AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now tried this on a two different machines. Just finished building a brand new machine.

I get the msg every time I run the program on the splash screen.

"No suitable hardware" and the program closes. I do see the main program, I guess it is since I've never seen it running, but it disappears before I can click on it to change the settings.

My hardware is as follows:

Intel D845wn mother board.

Intel 1.7 ghz P4.

512 mb ram

Sound Blaster Audioligy

PNY Geforce 4 ti (4400) 128mb ram

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 250 pci

Windows XP Home

I can watch tv on the win2k program, but when i try and start dscaler it fails every time.

I tried showshifter and it detects the card but gives me errors.

I first started with gutting my Dell, and replacing each part one by one. The only thing that has stayed constant is the graphics card and audio card. I did try the pinnacle pci card, but got the same results.

After a few weeks of frustration, i built this computer.

Any help is greatly appreciated, i really just can't take it anymore.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I guess you try to run DScaler without being logged on as an administrator.

DScaler currently needs administrator priviliges, in version 4 this is fixed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you saying that i cannot get this type of card to work?

What about the card from Pinnacle?

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does the card have a BT8x8? If not then it will not work.

If it does have such a chip it should work. DScaler just ignores the hardware MPEG encoder chip.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Only first WinTV-PVR model 880 work with DScaler not the new WinTV-PVR 250 or 350 beside you don't need DScaler.

The quality on the screen is dependant upon the MPEG format you have chosen. For example, MPEG1 will give lower quality than MPEG2. MPEG2 8Mbits/sec will give better quality than MPEG2 2Mbits/sec.

So it like watch DVD disk 24/7

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.

Still not sure what to do.

My goal is to make sat-tv look good on my sharp 9000. I have a cheap progressive DVD player and it looks pretty good. I did pay for power dvd xp 4 and will load it when i figure out how to get it off my old harddrive.

I looked at the Pinnacle card and it calls itself a Redstone 5.0, with Zoran and Philips chips on the front. And it says Pinnavle Systems GmbH on the back. Is this the right card to use? What drivers?

Or is there software out there that will make my PVR-250 look good?

Thanks again,

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Only cards using the Conexant BT8x8 series chips work with dScaler. Most new capture cards have the Fusion BT878a, the latest version in the BT8x8 series. No drivers are necessary when using dScaler.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you saying that all I need to do uninstall my Haupperage drivers and plop the Pinnacle card in? No need to load Pinnacle drivers at all?

I know you just said it, it's just hard to believe.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Yes, no drivers necessary, if your Pinnacle card has a BT8x8 (BT848, 878, 878a, etc.) chip on it. If it doesn't have a BT8x8 chip, it won't work with dScaler.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by helzerr
Yes, no drivers necessary
This might not be true.

The BT8x8 chip is in powersafe mode when I have no drivers loaded and running win9x (3dfx VoodooTV FM). DScaler currently can't enable BT8x8 chips in powersafe mode. Installing a driver, 3dfx or btwincap, fixes this. DScaler 4 will be able to wake up any BT8x8 in powersafe mode (this is not finished yet).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still no luck.

I'll go try and load the drivers.

Couldn't find a chip with Bt8xxx on it, so does that mean i'm out of luck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went to load drivers and was told the DC-10 driver is not compatible with xp. Downloaded the driver, but didn't install yet. Will this card work?

Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.