AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a hauppauge pvr 250 and I am trying to use it with dscaler, but I am getting an error message: failed to connect video capture device to renderer.

I have reinstalled all of the pvr250 software with the newest updates from their website, and also reinstalled dscaler, but I get the same message. I don't know what to do.

Also, I wanted to trial the sagetv and beyond tv 3, but I had done this a couple of weeks ago with a different card, and now that i have this new one, i can't use the trial versions because it is expired. don't know how to get rid of everything from the first install to make it work again.

My relevant system:

msi k7n2g-ilsr

512 RAM

Radeon 9800

pvr-250

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the same problem as yourself. the 250 does not work with DScaler. You may want to do a search on the 250 and DScaler to see the issues.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Taken from this site . www.shspvr.com

"Q: I'am having trouble getting 3rdParty applications to work with Hauppauge

WinTV-PVR 250?.

A: 3rdParty applications need YUV video format the WinTV-PVR 250 only output MPEG2

in RealTime so applications like Dscaler, PowerVCR WinDVR, VirtualDub, etc, ete will

not work with this card, Only first WinTV-PVR model 880 can output YUV video format

becuase it has BT878A on board as well Vision Tech Kfir1 MPEG2 encode chip the new

WinTV-PVR 250 dosen't need a BT878A video decode."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.