Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an old capture card based on the Bt848 chip, it doesn't seem to have any brand that exists on the market today, and I don't have any of the documentation or packaging for it, but this is what it says on the actual card:

Bt848KPF

Model: BS 600

Ver: 1.1

Super Phone

Boser Media

It has both composite and S-video inputs, and it doesn't have any TV Tuner functionality.

I'm trying to use Dscaler to play console games on my computer monitor. I choose "Unknown card" and "No TV Tuner", it works fine with the composite input, but when I try to switch to S-Video, the whole system locks up, the mouse pointer wont move and not even Ctrl+Alt+Del would do anything... I must have hit the rest button about 30 times today, trying different settings and combinations without any luck, I even formatted my computer and installed a fresh operating system and it didn't help. Also tried disabling unused functions and devices from the BIOS.

I'm using Windows XP Pro

800MHz Celeron

256 RAM

ASUS GeForce3 Ti200 (with TV Tuner and S-Video inputs, but I don't like the quality of its scaler)

The latest version of Dscaler

I REALLY want to use S-Video with Dscaler, what could be causing the problem? If it's probably the card, can you please recommend a good capture card to use with Dscaler that works with S-Video? I don't need any Tuner capabilities, but I'll need it to accept a clean 640x480 interlaced S-Video signal.

And if you have any tips/info that might help me get Dscaler to work with my current unknown brand Bt848 card through S-Video I will be forever grateful.

Thank you.

PS. I tried the alpha/beta Dscaler version 4, but it wont work at all, it locks up immediatly after I choose my hardware, but at least I can close it with a Ctrl+Alt+Del this time.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I suggest you choose a card - even with plain BT cards, I use the Leadtek TV2000 profile. Mine used to crash when switching comp. -> s-video.

Now I use a preamp or reciever to switch.

T.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.