AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm getting no answer on the DScaler forum to two questions...

1) This thread...
http://www.dscaler.com/phpBB/viewtop...e4dfe693fd9f18

Says that the Radeon 8500DV shares the same tuner (MT2032) as 3dfx VoodooTV and Dscaler has support for this tuner. Does that mean DScaler will work or is this just confusing me? Or is it the capture chip DScaler is dependent on??? I understand that DScaler will work with almost any card for display, it is the tuner/capture that DScaler is dependent on the Conexant chip.

2) DScaler's supported tuner list doesn't mention the newer line of AverTV Stereo cards. I couldn't find in the specs where the Capture chip is stated. Will DScaler work with them?

PVR isn't a priority for me anymore now that I'm with DirecTV and have a DirecTivo. I just want to find a combination of video card/tuner that works with Win2k/XP, Svideo inputs, decent 3d.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
1. No, DScaler does not support the video input functions of the 8500DV. Yes, DScaler support is mainly determined by whether the card has a Brooktree/Rockwell/Conexant Bt8x8 chip on it.

2. Don't know what chip the Aver TV cards use on them. Somebody with this card will have to answer this question.

You probably didn't get an answer on the forums, because it was a "tack on" question. People probably thought the question headlining the thread had been answered.

Good luck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dscaler works with AverTV Stereo.

Use the AverTV 98 profile and philips ntsc tuner (if your in the US anyway :p)

Thats the profile I use with mine anyway.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I just bought an AverTV Stereo, and installed the drivers that came with the unit. I can get audio but it appears to be either mono or a combination of the primary and secondary audio channels, depending on which driver I choose in DScaler.

I tried Ivan Uskov's tweaked driver but it made no difference.

Has anyone managed to get Stereo Audio working with this card?

If so, what driver version, DScaler card type, and DScaler settings are you using?

I'm running WinXP Pro, DScaler 4.0.1, Card 'AverMedia TV Capture 98', and my drivers are:

Audio Capture: AverMedia 6.0.0.0 (9.12.2002) (Conexant)

Crossbar: AverMedia 5.2.9.0 (11/30/2001) (Conexant)

TvTuner: AverMedia 5.2.9.0 (11/30/2001) (Conexant)

Video Capture: AverMedia 5.2.9.0 (11/30/2001) (Conexant)

Andy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.