Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi JohnAd and DSCaler team,

1)Because the contrast,color,brihtness and volume, it's not at the same levels to all tv stations i think that is usefull to preset this settings for every tuned station!

2)mute the sound when the station goes down (source from video in id)

3)channel shurff (scaned samples from all preset stations)

What version of dscaler will support 2 cards,( for PICTURE IN PICTURE or PICTURE AND PICTURE modes)?

I'm waitting for your comments

Thanks

John

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
1. That is a good idea, however you need color bars to properly set up color and tint. Unless you can get each station to broadcast them, you will just be guessing. Also, not only will color varry between channels, but it may also very between shows.

You best bet is to use something to generate proper color bars and set based on that.

You really do need multiple options for the intput though. If, for example, you used a DVD player that outputs both PAL and NTSC, the levels between the two will be different. Having at least two proc amp memories would allow you to correct this. (actually one proc amp memory per format. NTSC, PAL, SECAM, etc.)

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
I remember the topic of having separate settings per channel & input has been discussed on the DScaler mailing list but I can't remember how far it got or if any code was ever started.

- Tom

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Actually, the developers have thought about per-channel settings in the past, but just haven't got to that point yet. John implemented per format and per input settings for those in Central/Eastern European countries that have multiple standards (Stacey, if you have a recent version, try settings-video adjustments).

I pushed per-sub-channel settings somewhat about a half year ago, in anticipation of support for ATSC digital--some multicasted digital NTSC 480i signals have improper coloring. But digital tuning support seems to have been dropped for now as a goal of the project.

"What version of dscaler will support 2 cards,( for PICTURE IN PICTURE or PICTURE AND PICTURE modes)?"

None. DScaler doesn't support multiple compatible cards in one machine. Multiple compatible card support is being worked on and might be here in a month or two. Once that happens, then Picture-In-Picture becomes a more distinct possibility.

"3)channel shurff (scaned samples from all preset stations)"

Again, there are changes on the horizon that might make this easier to implement.

edit: Tom, we cross-posted, but we're thinking about the same e-mail exchange about a half year ago, I believe.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Dan

Just to clear something up.

Digital tuning is still a goal of the overall project, It's just one that I'm not able to contribute to due to lack of UK cards. There may be a full DVB-T card out later this year/early next taht may support putting the decoded video over PCI and we will start preparing for that by updating the hardware support to allow for more card types. But as for ATSC, I'll have to leave that up to you US guys.

John

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
John: OK, fair enough.

Wrt ATSC, I'm not sanguine. The 3 HD cards use the TL880 combo demuxer/decoder/scaler/bridge chip, there isn't any open source code out there for it, and getting a datasheet requires an NDA. The tuners are fairly standard.

The WinTV-D is a diamond in the rough, but Hauppauge hasn't returned repeated e-mails asking for information about the logic chip that they use. It's a real shame, because it shouldn't be too difficult to add DScaler support if they gave us that information.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
not sure how much trouble it would be to add it but it would be nice to have the option for independantly adjusting the video settings, (contrast, brightness, color, etc) for each channel. even without color bars available for each channel, it would allow for correct of channel variations.

Dscaler team: Thank you for such an incredible piece of software.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.