AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactally sure why this is happening, and i was hoping someone else could stear me in the correct direction...

In Windows XP im using DScaler to watch s-video in from my digital cable into my Winfast TV2000XP video capture card (audio in through my M-Audio Revolution)

For some reason, the video freezes after a few seconds, sometimes giving me a frozen image, other times a black screen. Sometimes if i restart it 3 or 4 times the video comes back, but freezes usually less than a minute after im watching.

Any ideas???

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fergot to mention that it was fine until i installed my Revolution 7.1 :|

·
Registered
49 Posts
What version of DScaler are you running? Have you tried uninstalling it and then installing the latest version? I've been running the 4.16 Alpha version with my Dio 2496 installed (no problems so far), but you could always go the the latest "stable" version.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I couldn't use dscaler 4.01 without freezes, but have had no problems at all with 4.1.5 or 4.1.6. I recommend you try the latest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've seen reports of DScaler freezing on other message boards. Some claimed it was a conflict with Norton Anti Virus 2003 and the ATI TV Wonder (both which I also have installed). They fixed the problems by installing the latest drivers for the TV card.

However, that fix didn't work for me. The fix that worked was upping the priority level of DScaler (I'm using WindowsXP) to "above normal". While it tends to bog down other applications, it actually fixed the problem for me.

Kevin

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys! Im gonna do all 3... Update the drivers, update the Dscaler, and set it to a higher priority :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I actually run DScaler at high priority also. It hasn't really bogged anything else down that I've noticed--it seems to be pretty friendly about letting other apps grab CPU time and it just grabs a lot if nothing else is using it. I am running it on a 2.53Ghz processor though so YMMV.

Tim

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can get to it through dscaler.org but it's kinda convoluted, so you have to know exactly what you're looking for. You're welcome... =)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.