AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever got DScaler to work with this card? I know about the Osprey 200 and the new XCapture, but this has the Brooktree 856 chip and I'm wondering if DScaler only works with 8x8 chips. Any ideas? Can I do a registry hack to disguise the card?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
As of now, 8x8 cards are the only ones supported. In the near future SAA 7134/40 cards and CX2388x cards will be supported.

Also, sometime in the future, DScaler will offer support through the WDM drivers, which will be more or less effective, depending on the individual drivers.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but I realise that my question was not quite specific enough. It was only when looking at my card that I realised that 8x8 is actually the make of some of the chips; and that the range of Bt (Brooktree, the other chips on the board) have "8"s in their names. I thought when people mentioned 8x8 that they meant any Bt chip whose name started in 8 and ended in 8. Very confusing

So, my Osprey-1000 has 2 8x8 branded chips, an Analog Devices chip and 2 Bt chips - a Bt856KPJ Video Encoder and a Bt819AKPF Video Decoder.

When I run up Dscaler it says it didn't find any useful hardware. Is this what you would expect?

Something that might be useful : in version 401 alpha it seems to accept the card, but then the all I get is the Dscaler logo. The Settings > General Harware setup panel does not have any drop-downs for the capture card; only "Processor", "Defaults", "CPU using", and "Video card". I do have a PAL (UK) video source plugged into the card.

I have attached the v401 starup log - thought it might help.

Thanks.

dscaler_log.txt 1.779296875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
redrose: Yes, you're now understanding correctly. Those two bt chips (the 856 and the 819) don't qualify as the 8x8 we're looking for, though.

Version 401 alpha allows you to start up DScaler without a compatible card so that you can use the slideshow and patterns function (and in the future, playing a file). That's what you're experiencing.

Unless the card includes the BT8x8 (Conexant or Brooktree), SAA7134/40 (Philips) or CX2388x (Conexant) chip, you're out of luck for a while.

As stated above, DScaler will offer support through the WDM drivers, which will be more or less effective, depending on the individual drivers. I don't know the timing on that or whether the Osprey 1000 would offer a suitable WDM driver for our uses, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.