Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I recently setup my Home Theatre (HTPC) and am now finally looking at different PQ tweaks. I've already ordered all the top of the line cables and I'm currently looking at DScaler... but I just can't figure out how to use it.

I downloaded the latest alpha release and it installed and loads up fine. However, the help is completely outdated (you can tell it's the UI of the older version) and I'm kind of stuck on where to go from here.

I can watch TV on either SageTV or WinDVR just fine.. so where does this entire "Wait till you watch it on Dscaler" come in? I'm thinking it's because DScaler doesn't support my card... in the hardware settings.. the part where I'm supposed to select 'video card' it only lists 'Other'.

Am I to believe then that DScaler cannot work for me? Are there any alternatives that will? I hear about ffdshow? But those are only buzzwords to me currently.

By the way, I have an ATI Radeon 9600 PRO and Adaptec's VideOh! DVD Media Center Edition.

Thanks... without this forum, I'm not sure what I would do to veg my little hobby.

-- Navid

·
Registered
109 Posts
Navid,

To try the Dscaler plugins in SageTV you first need to download the Elecard MPEG-2 decoder at www.elecard.com. Then select the Elecard decoder in Detailed Setup > Video and that will allow you to select the Dscaler options for playback.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.