Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I want to take the SVHS output from my Humax 5400 satellite tv decoder and feed it through my pc to deinterlace and scale to XGA using dScaler.

I havent bought the video card yet, but the ATI Radeon 7500's are looking good.

Anyone have any comments on whether this would be an ideal combination, and yield results worth the effort?

I dont plan on taking the audio thru the pc at all, would just leave the digital audio out connected straight into the receiver.

Projector is a Davis DLX10 XGA DLP.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Perfect for getting the image out of your PC, but for getting it in there in the first place you need a video in card, not just a video out.

The 7500 all-in-wonder is not an option since it doesn't have the right chipset. An ATI TV-Wonder PCI works though, that's what I use. There are other cards that will work as well (perhaps better); check the Dscaler site for a list of cards known to work for the tv-in part of your solution.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I figured out last night how wrong I was with the ATI, so Ive sourced a cheapo svideo in card locally that uses the bt chipset.

So now I figured Id use a Radeon 8500DV card to join up with it. Heres hoping Im about to approach XGA DLP nirvana! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.