AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting the Panasonic HS700 however I keep seeing amazing footage from dslr cameras. My budget is around 1200, and I'd like to keep it below that if possible. I'm not really interested in still photography, and I want whatever can give me the best looking video. I will be mainly shooting shorts, and not much wildlife or events. I would like decent low light performance and I also like the fact that a DSLR could shoot a more shallow depth of field depending on the lens attached. The Rebel t2i looks interesting, and I'm not sure what else is in my price range for DSLR.

So.. my question is what would give me the most for the money in terms of what I'm looking for.

-Tim

·
Registered
3,075 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Obviously i have both,the cam may be be what many consider an old format HV30 but they can take great looking footage,but if the op has to decide between a DSLR/CAM i would not suggest a DSLR if its for sole video use.Paulos right this has had similar disscussions

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
For this case it does seam like the TM700 would be a better option since you'll have far less stress trying to shoot sports with it unless your shooting in extreme low light but with a very fast lens on a DSLR like camera, it'll be much harder to focus.

Theirs a lot of good footage from the TM700 as well like some of the footage I posted here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post19538333 but theirs a lot more people using DSLR like cameras for creative work so it's harder to find new creative videos done by camcorders.

Still, for sports shooting, again, a camcorder is far more suitable. In the case of the TM700, it has an excellent 1080p mode that not only give you very good motion quality, you can also do excellent slow motion sequences since your working with 1080p rather than 720p and slow it down to 24p.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I must have read what he wrote way too fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts