AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Looked through the other posts and couldnt find anything on this point, so here is my issue. Thanks in advance for reading.

I recently replaced my old linksis Media Center Extender with the dlink dsm510 because I wanted the improved video capabilities. I have the unit harwired to a 1G switch which is wired to my PC in another room. I use the unit to play digital music collection primarily but liked the idea of playing home movies and other video as well.

The DSM510 works and I am using the HDMI & Optical out to a Marantz 7001.

Sound quality is fine for my needs but I miss a very basic function of the old linksys model. I was able to browse my collection and add songs or albums to a "que" with the remote. The que would then play them in order. If I liked the que, I could save it via the remote as a playlist to be used again later.

Since I started using the DSM510, I cannot figure out how to replicate this. I can make playlists at the PC, but thatis all I have figured out how to do.

Can someone help? I like the video capabilities and price of this unit but the ability to pick out a group of songs on the fly is important for how I use the device.

thx!

·
Registered
1 Posts
May i join your topic....

I´m thinking on bying one 510 for mysef, but some doubts remain with no answers:

-Does the player suport subtitle (srt, sub) for the divx files?

-Does the player plays divx files directly from a flash drive?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tell me where to find a (smallish) divx file and I will report on abilty to paly from USB. if it plays, I will also look intot subtitle support.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Plays all supported files (as advertised) right off the USB drive. I have tested DivX personally before writing this comment. So you have my GOLD seal of recommendation
. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hav a 300 mb movie.avi and movie.srt on a usbkey and plug in to the dsm.510 movie load fin but how to get the subtitels to load. If i plug the usb to my windows and use divx or vlc all works fin.

I try 2 days to get this to work anyone can help me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts