AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... I am new to dss technology, I have been looking for a receiver and dish for my mit 55807 so I can take advantage of hd. Found the 6023 system (dish network) on dish depot for approx 300.00 another web site has a Hughes hird-e86 (directv) for 800.00 for system, am I missing something here, why the big price difference, will either of these systems give me hdtv ? thanks for any help...Jim

·
Registered
730 Posts
The $300 price is subsidized by Dish Network. You can probably get a rebate or free install on that Hughes system too. You can get HBO-HD on both systems. Dish Network carries Showtime-HD too but DirecTV currently does not. If you get a $99 8VSB module for the model 6000, you can watch terrestrial HDTV too. I'm not familiar with the Hughes but I think it receives terrestrial HDTV.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I've ordered from Dish Depot before. They are completely trustworthy on this forum. As mentioned earlier you should get the 6023, and the modulator, and you are good to go if you just want that going to the one reciver. I don't remember if it came with a diplexer or not, but I would assume so.

When u call and place the order you should probably explain to him what you are trying to do becaues they are pretty knowledgable over there and will be able to help you out.

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.