AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having some antenna "challenges" (see my other thread here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=143694 )

I was trying to check my analog reception, but for some reason the analog reception is terrible using my DST-3000 tuner. The easiest way to describe the picture is that it looks somewhat like what a "scrambled" cable TV channel looks like. On ther other hand, it works great for digital signals from those same stations.

Something is definitely wrong, since when I plug my antenna directly in to my Pioneer TV tuner, the analog reception is crystal clear. What gives? Is the DST-3000 analog tuner defective or do I have to set some setting deep in the menus or something?

Thanks,

SteveD

·
Registered
813 Posts
Steve,

I lost the the video for my analog stations when my Hughes (same as DST3000) was 5 weeks old. Audio for analog stations was fine at the time audio/video was perfect for HDTV-OTA and DirecTV. The motherboard was replaecd and 4 months later I lost the audio for my analog stations. This time analog video was fine as was the audio/video for HDTV-OTA and DirecTV. My TV tuner worked fine on analog stations as did yours.

I am now on my third box. I haven't been able to confirm if this is a defective analog chip or what. People are finding a correllation betweeen channel deterioration and excessive heat buildup from the box. (My box is in an enclosed cabinet and now has fans cooling it.) After unplugging the unit some have been able to restore the box to normal operation. In both cases I was not so lucky. If the situation continues and you call Toshiba they will be baffled by your predicament and probably insist that it is the first they have heard of such a problem. Then they will instruct you to send the box in for replacement or bring it to a service center. I have done both with Hughes. They have not been able to tell me how hot the boxes should run nor could they tell me if heat could be causing the problem. If your box is in an enclosed space, vent it somehow.

Hope everything works out.

Ralph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.