AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went with the blockbuster deal. Their Hughes receiver hooked up fine with programming. When I went to hook up my dst-3000 as an additional receiver, after giving them the model number and the serial number, they could not find it or hook it up. They said they could only find a toshiba model 1 and a model 2. Tried to transfer me to a technical person and disconnected me. Has anyone else had a problem with hooking up the DST-3000 or directv identifying it?

By the way, the installer spent 5 hours on my roof getting me a signal on both 101 and 119. Tree in the way. Did a great job where many installers would have quit earlier.

·
Registered
310 Posts

They had this same problem Tuesday night when I called to activate my DST-3000. What the CSR eventually did was to manually type the make and model into her computer and finally had success recognizing the Toshiba. Adam

·
Registered
119 Posts
mstmorse,

You shouldn't have any problem! I did the same thing when I bought my Panny TU-HDS20. I just called and said I was activating an additional reciever. If you are not going to use the Hughs unit, I would remove the box/card from your account. You can re-activate it at any time if you want to move it to another room later.

The rule from DTV says: As long as YOU the original owner of the cards want to re-active, it's OK. If you gave the unit to someone else, they would have to get a new HU card.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I activated my DST-3000 last week with no problem at all. It took no more than 10 minutes and most of that was the CSR trying to sell me programming, system warranty, etc.

Al Keown

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I have to give it another try tonight, if the line doesn't stay busy all night.

Does anyone know, can i disconnect the Hughes receiver and hook up the DST-3000 to the main cable once activated, as long as the Hughes receiver is still attached to a phone line? or does the Hughes receiver have to be connected to a TV?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.