AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased Toshiba DST-3000 to feed this huge Sony professional component monitor we got for demonstrations. There are some things it seems to not be compatible with compared to the RCA DTC-100.

First of all, the PSIP Program Guide program information we transmit does not display. It is missing from both the 'Guide' and the 'Info' button selections. Is this correct or did I miss something in the myraid of menus?

Second, we have a 'phantom' channel labeled 6-3. It is made up of the HD Video from 6-1 and the SAP/Spanish Audio from 6-2. It shows up in the guide, but does not display anything when tuned to. Does anyone else in Portland, OR with a DST-3000 have the same problem on 6-3?

Responses are appreciated.

Lee Wood

KOIN-TV / KOIN-DT

Portland, OR

------------------

Visit http://pub1.ezboard.com/fdigitaltele...isionnewsforum for news and information on DTV and HDTV

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Lee, I ask the question about no PSIP Guide information showing up on the new STB's - at this time only the DTC-100 and Zenith, Sony built in turner displays the Guide information from the stations.

I hope, in the way of a upgrade that the new STBs will display information from the station and the new Zenith Box will display all the information.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The Hughes boxes seem to rely on guide info from the satellite rather than PSIP. I get guide info and station IDs for all my local analog and digital stations by telling it my Zip code and the name of my local cable company. It also does some channel remapping that I know is not in the PSIP. Our local UPN station (KCOP 13 analog) shows up as 13.1 even though they do not send remapping info. It shows up as 66.1 on the DTC-100 and HD-100. It even moves some analog cable channels around back to their original UHF channels.

Tony

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
In Boston the PSIP info will revector channels, but since none give guide info it is hard to tell on that issue, except one takes the sat info for guides and the other just shows "Regular Schedule." The APG is actually pretty amazing do not only correct mapping but also real guide info. When setting up the OTA, you call tell which channels and mappings should punch through to the guide.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.